Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

For anyone who has recovered or mostly recovered - morning symptoms?

[pa...]

I took my last benzo 2 weeks ago - after a short 10-day valium taper.  I'm on Remeron for sleep and it's helping (I believe) tremendously with healing.  I have all the typical sensory symptoms of brighter lights, vibrant smells, etc  But I also ONLY have cog fog and fatigue type symptoms in the morning?  Around 3pm - like almost I can set my watch to it - everything lifts - and I am in an almost beautiful euphoria - with energy, a super great mood - and just a normal awesome feeling.  I take the Remeron at about 8pm every night.  I'm wondering - for those who have healed - did you notice morning issues to be a symptom through healing ?  My day NEVER gets worse throughout the day - only better.  So - whatever I start the day with - is usually how I measure where I'm at. Anyone else have this?  I'm wondering if I just start feeling what? - better earlier in the day as I heal?  It's so odd to have such a great afternoon/evening and then to go to sleep - and have a groggy, tired, cog-fog morning day after day.  BTW, if it weren't for the Remeron, I don't think I would even be sleeping.  Read my tagline below - it's probably the reason I'm having any windows at all - instead of like my taper from a year ago where I reinstated after a month of difficulty. If only the doctor had thought to try the Remeron THEN instead of reinstating me!  This time we finally got it right. Anyhow - anyone have any ideas on why symptoms seem the worst only in the morning?  I'd really love to get a handle on this and see if there is anything I can do about it - or just if there is any rhyme or reason to it - and what those who have recovered experienced....  Thanks so much.

:smitten:Parker

This would be a good link to read for morning issues -

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=33198.0

The mornings were rough for me too. I felt like two different people from AM to PM, I always felt so much better as the day wore on and into the evening. There were times when I was knee deep in withdrawal and nearly felt 100% by the evening. I used to hate to greet the mornings, now I welcome it.  :)

Yea, I've fought with morning anxiety even pre-benzo. It's a biochemical thing, but some of us seem more prone to it than others.

I personally struggle with it quite a bit, but I'm doing everything I can to accept and help ease my attitude towards it.

Of course, this normal chemical pattern in the body would ramp up WD's for some of us in the morning, as well. In fact, even when I just

have a cold... I feel worse in the morning.

Good topic and I hope people read this and add to it if they have experience. Thanks.

I am close to 10 months off and mornings have always been the worst for me. Unless I get an exceptionally good nights sleep I usually wake up feeling groggy, cranky, and just plain "icky". Get out of bed and wake up a bit and I feel 10x better. The good feeling wears off a bit and then I feel pretty much the same throughout the day.

I'm always recommending a few podcasts around here. One is Anxiety Guru on iTunes. (Anxietyguru.net.)

He recently did a podcast on morning anxiety. Very helpful and it's nice to have insight as to why this happens.

Check it out on iTunes or his site.

I'm always recommending a few podcasts around here. One is Anxiety Guru on iTunes. (Anxietyguru.net.)

He recently did a podcast on morning anxiety. Very helpful and it's nice to have insight as to why this happens.

Check it out on iTunes or his site.

Thanks for that info Bryan  :thumbsup:

Clem

Thanks everyone. :)  I always feel my most normal at the end of the day.  Makes me wonder  if I just didn't sleep one night - woudl the morning anxiety stil be there?  :D It would be a fun experiment if I wasn't truly going through withdrawal and then got behind on sleep!  :idiot:

Bryan - I followed the link to that website and read about the morning anxiety.  That was very interesting about the cortisol levels and the normalcy of it all. I never used to have morning anxiety before this experience with benzos.  But it makes sense that if we're going to have it, morning is the best time to have it.  I guess everthing is just amplified with w/d.  I think it will be neat to wake up one day soon and not have that feeling at all!  Hoo-rah! It's coming soon!!! :)Parker