Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Woke up feeling awful...is this going to end?

[jd...]

I woke up this morning after sleeping about 10 hours very tired but more importantly very anxious.. again about a week ago i went from 8mg to 7mg valium, and felt the WD almost right away. I freaked out and took few large rescue doses for one day, and now i have leveled my dosage off at 9mg. It has been several days and I don't seem to be leveling off like i usually do after a cut or a reinstatement because of a large cut. I seem to have at least 1 time per day where i go into panic, and before each dose that I take i start to feel extremely anxious like I am experiencing inter dose withdrawal. I don't know whats happening to me anymore. My days are awful and I'm trying to stay away from fear and thoughts that make this worse. Im avoiding sugar and caffeine like crazy but its just not turning around like it usually does. I need help. I don't know whats happening to me or what is going on here. Will this get better? am i one of those people that is finally stuck in a rut where wd doesn't subside. someone please tell me I'm not crazy..

No, you're not crazy, jd.  I think just about everyone goes through periods where they just get no relief no matter what they do.  All you can do (besides what you are already doing) is learn some self-calming techniques and wait for things to settle down.  I'm not sure you are doing yourself any favor taking "rescue doses", btw.  I know the temptation is strong when you are feeling so scared and anxious, but if you can wait it out and refocus your thinking, eventually those symptoms will pass.  One of the best things I did for myself was listen to some of Claire Weekes' lectures about heading off panic (I downloaded them from iTunes).  She also has a book or two out, though they are quite old and may be out of print.  You might also find some things that help on the Anxiety Board.  Here is a link to one of my favorite threads there:

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=13001.msg180729#msg180729

Hope things settle down soon.  :therethere:

Thank you very much for taking the time to respond. Its tough when we are feeling under the gunn not to do stupid things like rescue doses but i am learning that slow and painfully. Thank you for the link it was fantastic!

Best wishes

J