Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Unreal!!

[Mi...]

So.. I have a fabulous pysch. But, 2 months ago I made an appt with a psych and totally forgot. If I didn't show, it would be a 200 whopping fee.. So I go just so I'm not charged and actually told this to the Dr;) Anyways.. He asks me my story and I tell him I already had a great psych and had to come to this appointment or I'd be charged. So he asks me my story and I proceed to tell him that I am on .5 Ativan taking every 5 hours. I also tell him I've been on for roughly 6 months. He says this is easy.. Just drop one of the .5 every two weeks. He said you will gave no withdrawal issues!!!! Is thus guy for real?? I said thank you, and good luck. Like I said, I was here to avoid the 200 fee! 

Shocking, but at the same time so typical of most doctors out there who have no idea, or act like they don't. My original psych told me to take a week to get off of it and id be fine. He gave me medical advice that could've killed me... We trust these people. I know they aren't all bad, but the majority write these prescriptions like they are candy and turn normal people into addicts who have years of pain ahead. Its criminal... really

Scariest part was that he was a psych doc.. can I ask you something? Would you recommend the crossover to Valium? I'm about to start and really curious. I've been on the fence about starting tonight..

Valium has a longer half life, and seems to make this ride a little less bumpy. I was on klonipin for a couple weeks and started to feel interpose withdrawal immediately. I think that Valium is the lesser of two evils in this situation so i would recommend crossing over. none of tis is easy but anything you can do to take a little weight off of your shoulders i would.