Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Librium Taper

[Vr...]

Hi,

I'm going through a rough time tapering librium, hard to think straight.  I'm isolated and don't have much of a real support system in real life.

I've been on and off benzos, especially librium, for over 20 years.  After a long gap in use, I restarted librium in 2005.  The dose ranged from 30 to 75mgs and is now at 15mgs after 5 months of tapering.

I would like to adopt a taper schedule and stop micro-managing my withdrawal.

Verne

Hello Verne, Welcome to BenzoBuddies!

It looks like you've done a great job of reducing your dose so far.  Tapering gets old doesn't it, but it's good you're doing this slowly.  How can we help you, are you thinking about using titration now? 

Pam

Hi Verne,

Congratulations on working your way down on this Librium taper. We can support you through this and any withdrawal symptoms you may have. Let us know if you have any questions.

Welcome to BenzoBuddies! :)

Thanks for all the encouragement.  I'm interested in getting on some sort of titration schedule.  I started mixing librium in water in a measured baby bottle yesterday and been dosing 5mgs 3x per day.  I'm struggling a bit and wonder whether I should dose more frequently.  I got from 20mgs to 15mgs in 2 weeks by going 18hrs between doses and I'm still a little shaky at this dose.

I'm signing off for tonight, taking my final dose of the day soon.  Thanks for welcoming me to the forum.

Verne