Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Pain in butt muscles during s/x wds?

[pa...]

Ron's having lots of pain in the bum area, the muscles.  He's in s/x wds.. anyone have it there?  He's lost lots of wgt thru this and very thin..  I do think its the wds... Would help to hear from any bbs if they had it there ??? Thanks, Pattylu

I didn't have that, so I can't help in that way. But I know enough to suspect anything out of the ordinary to be related to benzo withdrawal. So merciless.

Hey there,

It's so tough when you have a symptom you've never had, and yet no one else seems to have it, exactly.

(My weird one was/is hot/cold/chills in my upper back/shoulder/back of neck area. I really haven't read anyone else who's had it, but it

was definitely brought on by WD for me. Almost feels like a flu symptom.)

But, I will say this... just before I jumped, I had a ton of gastro probs. I had gastritis for months. (Awful.)  All sorts of bowel issues, let's just leave

it at that. But, I also had a stretch where I had extreme anal pains that felt like hemms, but I don't have hemms. I was scared. I had a hard time sitting down.

It felt like almost a muscular thing, but it was right down there near the business. (Sorry TMI :) 

But, yea... tons of gastro issues, I mean it was full chaos.  So, don't doubt for a minute that your pains could be WD-related.

Again, the rule of thumb seems to be to sort of assume it's WD if it's a weird symptom you never had before.

It'll get better. Try to flow with it.

Hi Pattylu,

I have had what I think you are talking about.  If you google piriformis syndrome, that is what mine feels like.  I seem to feel it more in bed, unless it is REALLY bad and then it hurts when I walk.

I have not been certain it is withdrawal (for me) but I think I have seen others here during the past 2 years who have complained of this symptom.

~Leena :smitten:

Hello Pattylu,

I can understand this sxs.. I had this . I had the muscles in my Hiney hurt and rippled with spasms.

It was so weird .When this happened rt after they would get real tight. Also happened alot when I layed down as well.I was like O this is so strange . But yes I did have this sxs and its all gone now.Took a few months on and off.But the good news is.. I think it was like I was working out cause now all the muscles are nice and tight in a good way..

Ur Friend :)~Jenny

Hi Pattylu,

I am one year off of ativan. I had the butt muscle pain a lot too. It hurt when I walked and sat so bad. It is one of only a few symptoms that has gone away for me. I thought it a strange symptom at the time too but nothing surprises me anymore.

Rain

I had this too.  Piriformis syndrome.  Very painful.  I think it coincided with me stopping wellbutrin, a week after I finished my K taper.  I eventually went back on the wellbutrin and then pain went away.  So, I think it is something that can be triggered by stopping a drug.  I think our whole nervous systems just get out of whack.

I did get some relief from my chiropractor who did deep tissue massage.  It improved a lot with that.

Hope you feel better.

Hi Pattylu,

Interesting piriformis syndrome.  I didn't know it had a name.  I've got to google that.  I've got it too and it's a pain in the butt. :)  I have had this pain for many months, some days worse than others.  For me it starts between the bones in the lower back where the hips join and runs down the muscles through the butt and the back of the legs to the ankles.  I try to stretch when it doesn't hurt too much and I get a lot of popping and clicking usually.  I also have pain in behind my chicken wings.

Like your husband, I've also lost a lot of weight, but feel oddly in shape I think due to the fact that all the muscles seem to creating their own sick workout by being tense all the time, as Jaso19 above also said.

I never had pain before benzos, and have read here so much here of others with muscle pain everywhere and anywhere, have no doubt this is w/d and will pass.  

All the best,

Benzohno