Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

benzoria anyone?

[cn...]

Diarrhea just started. Burns so bad. Sorry to be so gross.

How long should this last? Could it also just be from some anxiety I've been having? Burns so bad.

Do you mean benzorrhea?  ???

I have not had what must be a most unpleasant, if not painful benzo w/d symptom, however, I would imagine that you might find some comfort if you were to apply a bit of zinc oxide baby ointment (Desoten) to the afflicted areas.  Also, may I also recommend that you try some fragrance-free baby wipes or Cottonelle wipes to help reduce irritation.  Your bum will thank you. 

Also, it is a good idea to increase your fluids if you are having several bouts of benzorrhea a day.

I hope this helps.  (((((hug))))))  Laurie

I had lots of diarrhea. "Flaming a-hole" was a familiar experience for me! I say "amen" to the Desitin. Put it on thick. Imodium was a great help. You take it after each episode.

Sorry for the 'benzorrea.' Agree with those who've advised to get baby wipes. Be sure to get good ones with no alcohol >:D  or you will really, really feel the burn! Also taking warm, comforting baths will help. The non-greasy ointments might be best or you'll feel greasy back there :pokey:

My pharmacist advised me against taking immodium. Instead I take a homeopathic that can be purchased at health food stores or on amazon.com. It's called 'diarrex.' I keep it in my pocket or purse at all times. Drink lots of filtered water too! Hope you get over this very soon!

Peace    T2