Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

please what was safe for you when having to go under for procedure

[mi...]

bb i wanted to what you have taken that helped you in a procedure or surgery during w/d... i am so sensitive to meds right now... if so necessary now in w/d what can you tell me that was not so bad during the w/d and being on benzos now...... what medication was okay for you to take going under and the antibiotic of choice...thank you so much.. when i say go under i mean the anesthia you had to take during this time. just afraid of side effects and w/d........Thank you for you help and support.

luv

Mishi

[e7...]

Mishi,

When I had a procedure done on my stomach.

They used Propofol-

Propofol (INN, marketed as Diprivan by AstraZeneca) is a short-acting, intravenously administered hypnotic agent. Its uses include the induction and maintenance of general anesthesia, sedation for mechanically ventilated adults, and procedural sedation. Propofol is also commonly used in veterinary medicine. Propofol is approved for use in more than 50 countries, and generic versions are available.

Chemically, propofol is unrelated to barbiturates and has largely replaced sodium thiopental (Pentothal) for induction of anesthesia because recovery from propofol is more rapid and "clear" when compared with thiopental. Propofol is not considered an analgesic, so opioids such as fentanyl may be combined with propofol to alleviate pain.[1] Propofol has been referred to as "milk of amnesia" (a pun on milk of magnesia), because of the milk-like appearance of its intravenous preparation.[2]

So on, ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Propofol

Also a small dose of Ketamine was used.

Ketamine-

Ketamine is a drug used in human and veterinary medicine. Its hydrochloride salt is sold as Ketanest, Ketaset, and Ketalar. Pharmacologically, ketamine is classified as an NMDA receptor antagonist.[2] At high, fully anesthetic level doses, ketamine has also been found to bind to opioid μ receptors type 2 in cultured human neuroblastoma cells, however without agonist activity,[3] and to sigma receptors in rats.[4] Also, ketamine interacts with muscarinic receptors, descending monoaminergic pain pathways and voltage-gated calcium channels.[5] Like other drugs of this class such as tiletamine and phencyclidine (PCP), it induces a state referred to as "dissociative anesthesia"[6] and is used as a recreational drug.

So on,...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ketamine

Good luck.

Billy.

Mishi,

When I had a procedure done on my stomach.

They used Propofol-

Propofol (INN, marketed as Diprivan by AstraZeneca) is a short-acting, intravenously administered hypnotic agent. Its uses include the induction and maintenance of general anesthesia, sedation for mechanically ventilated adults, and procedural sedation. Propofol is also commonly used in veterinary medicine. Propofol is approved for use in more than 50 countries, and generic versions are available.

Chemically, propofol is unrelated to barbiturates and has largely replaced sodium thiopental (Pentothal) for induction of anesthesia because recovery from propofol is more rapid and "clear" when compared with thiopental. Propofol is not considered an analgesic, so opioids such as fentanyl may be combined with propofol to alleviate pain.[1] Propofol has been referred to as "milk of amnesia" (a pun on milk of magnesia), because of the milk-like appearance of its intravenous preparation.[2]

So on, ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Propofol

Also a small dose of Ketamine was used.

Ketamine-

Ketamine is a drug used in human and veterinary medicine. Its hydrochloride salt is sold as Ketanest, Ketaset, and Ketalar. Pharmacologically, ketamine is classified as an NMDA receptor antagonist.[2] At high, fully anesthetic level doses, ketamine has also been found to bind to opioid μ receptors type 2 in cultured human neuroblastoma cells, however without agonist activity,[3] and to sigma receptors in rats.[4] Also, ketamine interacts with muscarinic receptors, descending monoaminergic pain pathways and voltage-gated calcium channels.[5] Like other drugs of this class such as tiletamine and phencyclidine (PCP), it induces a state referred to as "dissociative anesthesia"[6] and is used as a recreational drug.

So on,...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ketamine

Good luck.

Billy.

Thank you billy so much... for your help and support I will hold on this when and if I decide to go thru with it... Please be well and take care... Keep up with your journey.. all the best

Luv

Mishi

[fd...]

Be careful with that Propofol. I've been watching the news and that's the drug given to Michael Jackson when he died. Of course, the so-called doctor treating him gave him too much...

Tucson

Me on a "one day rescue dose vacation" from my c/t after 37 insane days. The c/t resumes tomorrow:  ???

Propofol (when used correctly) is supposed to be a very safe drug, and apparently a good choice for those of us who can't be given any benzodiazepines.  I know that if I need to be put under at some time in the future I will insist that they use this drug....at least from what I have researched and talked to my doctors about at this point.  Don't listen to the Michael Jackson stuff in regard to Propofol....much craziness associated with that as you know!

Sophia

Be careful with that Propofol. I've been watching the news and that's the drug given to Michael Jackson when he died. Of course, the so-called doctor treating him gave him too much...

Tucson

Me on a "one day rescue dose vacation" from my c/t after 37 insane days. The c/t resumes tomorrow:  ???

Thank you for your advice and support

Mishi

Propofol (when used correctly) is supposed to be a very safe drug, and apparently a good choice for those of us who can't be given any benzodiazepines.  I know that if I need to be put under at some time in the future I will insist that they use this drug....at least from what I have researched and talked to my doctors about at this point.  Don't listen to the Michael Jackson stuff in regard to Propofol....much craziness associated with that as you know!

Sophia

Thank you so much sophia for your help hope you are in recovery now and well

Mishi