Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

valium taper question

[...]

Hi.

I'm starting my taper from 17.5 mg valium. Its been 6 days since I cut 1.5 mg. I'm at 16 mg now. When do people usually start to feel the withdrawl symptoms- if any? I'd like to cut another 1.5 mg in a few days but want to give myself enough time to make sure I'm stable. I don't feel any different yet. How long do people typically experience the symptoms for before they stabilize again. I switched from Klonopin so I'm not sure what to expect with the valium half life. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks :)

mm74

Hi MM,

Good for you that you are not having any effects from your last cut.  That's great !  You might be one of the lucky ones that gets thru this easily.  I waited to make my cuts every 14 days.  Most people make them between 7-14 days.  It's really a matter of what you can handle and what is comfortable for you.  Generally that is long enough to stablize. As for experiencing the symptoms that is pretty individual also.  I had my worst symptoms at about 3 days after a cut but then again I was pretty symptomatic thruout the whole taper due to tolerance.  Unfortunately with benzo withdrawl it is not easy to anticipitate or measure when things will get worse or better as this beast seems to have a mind of it's own.  Try not to anticipate the worst just concentrate on the goal of getting off and you will be fine.    Ginia