Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Struggling

[Je...]

My name is Jenna and I have been on Xanax for 2 years. My doctor gave me my script to help with anxiety attacks I was having. Recently I detoxed from it, but never told my doctor that I was doing to stop. After a month clean I called and got my refill and snorted 120 1mcg in 1 week. Ive been doing that for a few months now. I'm 4 days clean right now and feeling pretty sick. I guess I am just looking for support from people who understand how terrible Benzos are.

Hi Jenna,

That's an awful lot of Xanax to cold turkey from. If it were me, I would seek medical treatment for abruptly stopping that high of a dose.

We're here to support you, but please do this under medical supervision as well. I'm concerned for you.

Hi Jenna and welcoming you to BB. Did you go to a detox center when you detoxed off Xanax? It can be dangerous to cold turkey without being under medical supervision. I would come clean with your Dr and seek medical help as well. They may have you do a slower taper off, which is a safer and easier way to get off benzos. I am sorry you are feeling sick, please take care of yourself and keep us posted on how you are.

Hi Jenna,

That is a lot to stop cold turkey. I would feel better if you were to speak to your doctor and come off this more slowly. I know we tend to want to stop right away. I had the same feelings when I decided to stop taking clonazepam. I dropped my dosage 50% in one day and I suffered for a couple of weeks. I then learned that I needed to take it more slowly and have been. I've had some side effects but for the most part it's been very manageable and I should be done in a few months.

How would you feel about going back on a stabilizing dose, then seeing your doctor?