Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Back up to 0.5 Klonopin: What Now?

[ju...]

Last week, quit this horrible little government-sponsored job (my entire checks were garnished toward student loan debt) because I do not follow directions well, am ill-versed in basic computer terminology, and could not take the public humiliation the supervisor dished out on a regular basis (I'd requested that she take me aside and counsel me whenever I erred, but this did not happen).

i was so terrified of going to this little job for which I was not paid that I upped my Klonopin to 0.25, which did n't help much, and then to 0.5. Nothing changed, performance-wise, so I quit. The job, that is. I am now back down to 0.5, am going to try to drop back to 0.375, give or take a nanogram or whatever, over the weekend. I am still homeless and presently jobless, but that may change--take a bit of part-time work that doesnt involve public humiliation, and see how that pans out.

I have enough klonopin, prescrition-wise, that I could take it to a quiet place and, barring interruptions, go on a strict, somewhat rapid, taper, but the quiet place is nowhere to be found. Hence the necessity of getting a job--to find a quiet place in which to taper. I'm having trouble here, and need advice from anyone who has been in a remotely similar situation. Thank you, and best wishes, julie

I am so sorry to hear this.  I can relate, in that until Feb I had a really lousy job that I struggled with and also had a supervisor who attempted to public humiliate everyone who worked for him (so, at least it wasn't just me, but it's still a lot to deal with when you are in heavy withdrawal and already really struggling under that weight).

I'm not clear how long you have been on any of your current up-doses.  If it hasn't been that long, hopefully you can regain your lost ground without too much struggle.

As for the pace and the timing, I think that largely falls under your decression of how you want to handle things.  There are obvious pros and cons for the different paces of tapering and doing it sooner rather than later or later rather than sooner.  The correct answer isn't always to get off immediately right away if you have a lot of stuff on the line.  I think that you probably have better insight as to how to procede than anyone else, though if you share more details I'm sure people will be happy to weigh in with advice.