Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Did anyone's back pain resolve?

[ga...]

I have been reading through posts about back pain/muscle spasms and I can't seem to find any stories of anyone whose back pain improved with time. This is one of my worst w/d symptoms. I feel afraid this symptom is going to be with me forever. I feel like the pain is in my ribs and spine as well as my muscles. It is exhausting and I cry about the pain. As I taper it gets worse and worse. 

Has anyone's back pain improved over time? Does anyone have anything to share that has helped them with back pain or back muscle spasms?

I take tylenol and ibuprofen and have a heating pad for my back, I am seeing a chiropractor, but have only had limited and very short term relief.

Hi Gardendreams, I had back problems when I was tapering off benzos and newly off benzos. It felt like my back was constantly going to throw out or go out of place and was painful. It eventually went away and now my back is just fine. Hang in there, I hope you feel better very soon.

My back pain for the first 6 months was terrible. I am now 17 1/2 months out and it still comes and goes with other symptoms but it is far better than it was that first 6 months.

• 2 weeks later...
Just in case anyone else is reading this someday, reporting here that after my c/o to Valium my back pain FINALLY eased up only four days after c/o.

I have had lower back pain off and on for years, but when I was going through the worst of my WD it was horrible. Hard to tell how much of it had to do with the fact that I spent most of the time in bed or in the chair but I'm pretty sure that the WD exacerbated the pain because it always intensified in a wave and let up in a window.