Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Sex in w-d

[Iw...]

I know this is a very personal question, but ive never had problems having sex through w/d till now....when im having sex my heart now starts to race very fast and out of control (tachycardia) like if i were having a panic attack i know cuz i start to get all the s/x of a panic attack for me...my heart starts pounding a million mph and my  ankles and wrists get itchy for some reason this always happens to me in a panic attack....and my mind starts to race and i get very edgy and shaky....I know w/d is hard but now i cant have sex?!?!? i cant last past 2 days  ::), Does anyone have any inputs? plz i would like to know before i give myself a heart attack...

I had the problems too. I would get very dizzy and start to tingle, in a bad way, all over my body. My heart would start pounding extremely hard. At times I felt like I was going to pass out and would have to quit, afterwords I would shake for hours. It got to the point where I was only having sex once or twice a month.

I found that the only thing that would work for me was to not get so caught up in the moment, I would try not to let the excitement build, I would breathe through it and keep my body relaxed and this works for me.

It comes back once in awhile but has gotten a lot better.

Dont worry you are not the only one with these issues, I think there are probably more out there with it but maybe this is a little farther than they might want to go in the sharing department. Remember.......relax, Dub

I have the same problem, it puts me right on the verge of a panic attack! But i just try to relax and not get too excited and that helps.

I am in the same boat. Agitation and the incapability to release enough dopamine seems to be a bad combo.

I am seeking comfort in the fact that it will all go away with time. 

[2b...]

I invited a girl over back last month. The neighbour wanted me to meet her. I have noticed my libido has increased big time. I am Bisexual, so I dunno that could be it.. but I think it's where the benzo has suppressed the libido.

Anyway, by the time we finished having sex.. I was wore out more than I used to be, but it was over in a hurry because I cannot TMI. http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p280/zerglin/Smileys/Sensored.gif

My ejaculation takes shorter time.. it does tax, but really no problem with it.

There is a thread on libido.

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=29826.0

idk what libido is? lol but my sex drive has always been there throughout this taper sometimes more than other times but now its like my heart wont stop racing while im actually doing it but when im done is when i notice that my heart is pounding like im having tachycardia and doesnt stop for awhile after....is that dangerous?

dub and giftoflife-  yea i know what you mean about the sharing but hey thats wat a forum is for its not like i know anyone here lol! but yea ima try "relaxing" its hard though lol

Sigma- Or maybe it could be that my sex drive has came back stronger than ever cuz thats all i think about now...lol  idk i think it could be the excitement cuz whenever i get too into something is when my heart starts racing ive noticed. whether its video games, movie w.e it is....very frustrating

Noolie- I hope so ASAP im still going do it, i juss hope i dont die in the process lol  :idiot:....or at least im going slow down by not getting too excited and limit it a lil more but damnnnn this is HELL  >:(

IwilnIcan

Sounds exactly like me. It is not just sex, if I get exited about watching a soccer game (yeah I am european  :) ) I have a hard time coming down from the arousal. My heart races and it feels like my blod is filled with bubbles.

Quite normal when we do not release enough dopamine. MANY times I have read that the racing heart in withdrawal does not cause a health risk, it is just pretty darn uncomfortable.

[2b...]

Yes, I don't know why, but I keep sex on mind allot.

I think it does amp me up.. lol, but I don't care.

Yes my heart beats fast when I have sex.

*Also my heart beats faster when I get excited about many things.

It's withdrawal, Adrenalin.. IMO.

I think about it a lot as usual. I'm a guy. What can I say. But not at the moment. Too much stimulation to go through with it. I too get revved up watching TV and it increases symptoms.

As I recall I even started a topic on "creativity and libido". They both almost zero. Before WD I would not have any problems. I simply don't want to do anything now, intimacy included. Occasionally something lurks but for a very short time.

Well, my heart does race alot during it, and I have physical anxiety symptoms during it. But heres the best part about.

When im having sex or masturbating, I honestly don't have the ability to have psychological anxiety about these symptoms, its almost like I don't even care if I die, I just want to finish.

Then as soon as im done, its like my anxiety is right back. My heart beats fast for a bit, but I take some deep breaths and its back to normal in no time.

[2b...]
When im having sex or masturbating, I honestly don't have the ability to have psychological anxiety about these symptoms, its almost like I don't even care if I die, I just want to finish.

Yes..

I am the same exact way.

I don't care while doing it but after it, the anxiety seems to come back.

I think Libido Is effected way Huge in this w/d.

I went for like 9 months wanting absolutely Nothing to do with Intimacy.

O Noway it reved my sxs thru the roof,Plus I had 0 drive .I was just more concerned with

getting thru each min and fighting .Sex was not a option.This w/d effects out CNS anything to do

with excitement and especially release, Way over the top in sxs.

Come month 10 I got that Euphoric sxs ..O boy that was Craziness at its finest!

I say Be careful what you wish for  ;)...Especially for a Woman its just way to distracting.

I just think for months my Nerve endings were way out of whack and when I started to heal

O I Healed in way many ways..Geez

Hang in there I believe everything resumes back to normal..Well maybe not for me "Normal" but def doesn't feel bad....

~Jenny

My sex drive is there i have no problem with that, but i juss wanna know if having sex can harm me or something can happen to me? i really dont care too much if its juss revving up my s/x to be honest lol

I had an issue with this during the beginning of my w/d. Only lasted a few days maybe? I think it's b/c the CNS is overly sensitive. I'd feel SO excited, my heart was just pounding like crazy to the point where I almost felt dizzy afterwards. lol. This too shall pass!

I hope ur right cnotr, day 3 witout sex n im going crazy lol....i feel like i should start a blog just on the days going by that i havent had sex its really driving me crazy  :idiot:

IwilnIcan

Sounds exactly like me. It is not just sex, if I get exited about watching a soccer game (yeah I am european  :) ) I have a hard time coming down from the arousal. My heart races and it feels like my blod is filled with bubbles.

Quite normal when we do not release enough dopamine. MANY times I have read that the racing heart in withdrawal does not cause a health risk, it is just pretty darn uncomfortable.

Yea same here when im watching sports, my mind gets too revved up and my heart starts beating pretty fast cuz of the excitement. I guess when i get too nervous which is almost for anything my heart juss goes off! and it is scary idk sometimes i think im goin have a seizure or something cuz i get tense as well.... :sick: