Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Just a little hope...

Hey Buds - just want to say that my wd has been the worst nightmare i have ever known - i was so darn sick and crazy that words can barely hint at the pain.  i felt so bad that i could not hardly imagine ever feeling like me again.  now i am 3 and 1/2 months out and i am in the middle of a 5 day window.  so trust me - you are healing. just keep holding on.  i don't care what you are feeling like - it is the withdrawal - it is not you.  and i am better from having this terrible experience because i am so thankful a person just by my little life.  i wanted to do a better job at expressing this - but it's all back...all my feelings.  do not beat yourself up for what you can't get done right now - just surviving the wd process is enough.  do what you can but no beat up.  you are healing.  this too shall pass...keep holding on. :angel:

Hi Pan

I'm a little over 4 months out, but i do remember a "5 day window" around the 3 1/2 month mark.  I had a lot less anxiety, my depression lifted, and i started enjoying things.  It was a great feeling indeed, and it's just a taste of what we will all experience some day soon.

This process is very cruel isn't it? When the symptoms are bad we can't see ever feeling like it will get better, but it does! I remember when I was having a horrific time in withdrawal and relief finally came, I was able to get some yard work done, I mowed and trimmed and enjoyed the sun. I remember trimming a rose off of one of my bushes to remember that good feeling if I were to drop back into the pits of hell, the rose would remind me that those good days would return - and they have!

I'm happy for you Pan, you're well on your way  :smitten:

Pan,

Thanks again for sharing this with everyone here and in the chat room.  It's precisely what people need to hear when they are entrenched by their w/d symptoms.  I hope this one never closes for you. 

Christopher 

:yippee: Miss Pan...

Look at you..What  wonderful and inspireing words Pan...

I am so happy for your window ! Pan this is your sold Hope,

These windows are a reminder that you will be just fine again.

Enjoy your weekend you so deserve this..I am smileing so happy for you..

:smitten:~Jenny