Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

helping

[...]

any advice on how I can help my boyfriend through this terrible situation...

he is on diamapam and has been for nearly 5 years.. we have got down to around 9mg at the moment..

hes thinking on going on liquid now so that he can make it easier to cut smaller amounts is this a good idea?

does anyone no what they would appreciate going through this? accept from basic comfort..

thanks for reading.. your all very kind and understanding:)

Doing a liquid titration is a great way to slow a taper way down.  Will he be getting the liquid from his pharmacist or making it himself out of his tablets?

Bye the way, it would help you get responses from those who know something about tapering diazepam in particular to put that in the title of your topic (rather than just "helping" which is pretty general).  If you want to know specifically about titration, you might put that new topic on the Titration Tapers board.

thank you for your help Im all new to this you see..

thats great news from you also about the liquid.. think he would most likely get it from the pharmasist.

I think there's a friends and family section of the forum too.

From what I've heard people say over the two years I've been reading benzo forums, it sounds like the thing they need most from their support people is patience and understanding.

That may mean that you need to also take care of your own needs, get some support for yourself and do things that are fun for you, so you aren't frustrated by his inability to participate in your life and give you the support YOU need.

Also I would say, encourage him to go slowly.  Most taperers find that people in their lives don't understand the need to take it slow and tend to pressure them to go faster.  And since we already feel impatient and want to go faster ourselves, that's not helpful.  A slow taper with small cuts and taking breaks whenever symptoms ramp up can take a long time but it is so much gentler on our bodies and minds, and also on our lives and our relationships.

And encourage him to come in here and get some support for himself from people who really, really get it!