Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Sunlight Photosensitivity

[dj...]

Does sunlight / photosensitivty go away?  I'm still dealing with it 21 almost 22 months after taking my last dose of Xanax.  It is the worst remaining symptoms and a reminder that something is still messed up in my brain.  Given that I'm this far out, can this symptom still go away completely?  On sunny days I have to wear sunglasses all the time.  The heat of summer makes it worse, but even cool fall days are a struggle if it is sunny out.  I still avoid windows in my home and at work as the sunlight instantly makes my head and eyes hurt. 

I've debated whether I should continue avoiding and wearing sunglasses or if I should just force myself to sit out in the driveway on a sunny day and stare up at the sky regardless of the misery. 

I had that symptom, but only for a month and it went away. Are you taking any herbs, such as St. John's Wort, which can cause sensitivity to light? It seems like you have had this for, almost too long. Have you consulted a doctor about this condition?

[4c...]

I would consult a doctor like pj suggested.

More than likely, I would say it is withdrawal.

I have this symptom from time to time.

Hang in there.

It's definitely from the withdrawal, there's no doubt about that.  I've talked to doctors and they don't know anything.  My question though is a query of the collective knowledge base here, have people reported this thing going away after this long?  It's one of my last symptoms and I think it's tied to the TMJ like symptoms perhaps. 

• 3 weeks later...
PJ, sorry I  missed your question....no I'm not on any herbs or medications.  I talked to RUNVS on the other board and he mentioned he was still sensitive to the sunlight when he was 18 months out.  I don't know when it cleard for him.  At 22 months I'm getting tired of dealing with this, but it has improved.....just so slooooooowly.