Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

I have GOT TO BEAT THIS !

[Go...]

Hi All,

I have been benzo free now for almost four months and I must say that ,while a lot of my symptoms have either gone away, lessened, or still remain, I am determined to beat this.

I have been on an horrendous roller coaster ride over the past decade on and off with anti-depressants,  benzodiazepines and also zopiclone.

I was always told by Doctors that it was the anti-depressants that were just taking a while to "kick in" so have a sleeping pill (zopiclone) for the insomnia and a benzodiazepine (lorazepam (Ativan) and mostly diazepam (Valium)) to help "take the edge of the initial anti-depressant side effects"

Of course I now know the benzos and/or z-drugs took over as tolerance set in after a couple of weeks on every occasion (this is now my third trip) and I finally joined the dots myself after I was cold turkeyed off the Valium after being on it for about seven months this time. It was the myclonic jerks that gave it away. I re-instated after 9 weeks of hell, and did a year long taper and it's a bit better but I still feel in hell from the moment of wakening for about 8 hours after that. Then I get some rest-bite and then (like Groundhog day) the cycle starts again on wakening the next day.

I am here for re-assurance and to try and help others too!

Here's hoping things start to improve a little faster than they have been doing so far.

Hi GTBT,

If you want to get support and give some as well, you've found one of the best places to do so.  The people here on BB are some of the most caring and supportive people you will find.

It's great to hear that many of your symptoms have gone away/decreased.  Sounds to me like you are definitely going to beat this :yippee:

Take care,

NYClady

Hello Got to beat this, and welcoming you to BB! Congrats on being benzo free. I am sorry to hear you have symptoms, it can take some time but you will heal from benzo w/d. Things will get easier with time, hang in there. I am glad that some of your symptoms have lessened or gone away. Let us know what questions you have and how we can continue to support you.

Hi All,

I have been benzo free now for almost four months and I must say that ,while a lot of my symptoms have either gone away, lessened, or still remain, I am determined to beat this.

I have been on an horrendous roller coaster ride over the past decade on and off with anti-depressants,  benzodiazepines and also zopiclone.

I was always told by Doctors that it was the anti-depressants that were just taking a while to "kick in" so have a sleeping pill (zopiclone) for the insomnia and a benzodiazepine (lorazepam (Ativan) and mostly diazepam (Valium)) to help "take the edge of the initial anti-depressant side effects"

Of course I now know the benzos and/or z-drugs took over as tolerance set in after a couple of weeks on every occasion (this is now my third trip) and I finally joined the dots myself after I was cold turkeyed off the Valium after being on it for about seven months this time. It was the myclonic jerks that gave it away. I re-instated after 9 weeks of hell, and did a year long taper and it's a bit better but I still feel in hell from the moment of wakening for about 8 hours after that. Then I get some rest-bite and then (like Groundhog day) the cycle starts again on wakening the next day.

I am here for re-assurance and to try and help others too!

Here's hoping things start to improve a little faster than they have been doing so far.

You can beat this! I was on klon 19 year(!) and cold turkeyed off of a miserable taper. I am 14 or 15 weeks out and life is getting sweeter by the day. I too have sx, but they are milder and tolerable. I am back to work soon. I sleep 8 hours of broken sleep but refreshing sleep.

Hang in there. Every day you are off puts you closer to the  miracle.