Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

4 Weeks Benzo free

[ch...]

I hate complaining but I seem like I'm worse now than I was the first and second week of withdrawling. My entire body is throbing, can't sleep, headaches, my teeth hurt. The list goes on and on. I feel like nobody understands and I feel like people will think I'm crazy if I try to explain. Any suggestions?

Hi chris4,

Welcome to BenzoBuddies! Sometimes it is hard for people to understand something they aren't going through. I have read a lot about benzos and bought the book Benzo-Wise, so that I would have greater understanding and I shared it with some of my family and it has helped.

How long have you been off of a benzo? Sometimes our bodies go through waves of symptoms and then recede, only to come back again, then lessen with time. We're here to help support you through you through this, hang in there.

Hi chris4,

I'm sorry you're having a rough time, can you give a little more of your benzo history so we can understand how to help you better?

Nicolette- Thank you very much for your words. It has been 4 weeks now. I'm going to look into Benzo-Wise  :)

Starbird- Thank you :) I started taking Klonopin about 2 years ago. I was given the perscription for my anxiety. Shortly after, I started abusing my perscriptions. I realized that I could not live like that any longer and tried quitting on serveral different occasions but failed. Now at 34 years old I found out that I'm pregnant. Seven weeks going on eight. My docotors told me that I need to stop taking all of the medication immediately seeing that this is already  a high risk pregnancy. So not only am I going through major withdrawl, I'm also pregnant with Diabeties. Sorry to go on and on, just needed to get that out.

Thank you both!

Chris,

It is really hard. Just wanted to let you know you are not crazy and this is the place to complain. I so wish I knew about Benzo Buddies during my withdrawal.

Hi chris,

Go ahead and complain and vent, you are having some tough times. Scream, yell, holler, kick and stomp, do what ever it takes to relieve some anxiety.

Most people don't understand how difficult going through withdrawls can be unless they have experienced it first-hand. Don't worry about them. Your main concern is to take care of yourself and your needs, pamper yourself' you're worth it.

I do wish you the best.

pj :)

Yay u r doing great, symptoms will be  coming and will diminish.  Have you read Ashtons's manual, it is the first one in my sig line.  WELCOME!!!

Skyy