Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

This is not a wave but a tsunami!

[Nu...]

I'm 22 months off and I'm experiencing a major wave. I'm not anxious (it's never psychological) or anything but very frustrated coz my physical symptoms are so debilitating!  :tickedoff:

If I spend some time sitting up I have to go and lie down....I get head pain, neck pain, eye pain, shoulder pain, blurry vision, I feel like I'm burning with fever and sometimes I do get low-grade fever but not always...but the worst symptom is the weakness in my spine and neck. It feels like it's made of jelly and it's gonna collapse. If I resist the impulse to lie down I start feeling faint and breathing heavily and holding onto things to keep from falling. Some days I also have terrible abdominal pain. This last wave has been going on for 10 days now and it feels like it's here to stay!!  :sick:

I've been on a candida diet for 6 years and I don't take alcohol, sugar or caffeine. Is there anything more I can do?  :-\

When I see posts like yours, I want to shake my fist at the heavens yelling "It's not fair!"

When is the last time you had symptoms? Have you had these very same symptoms?

If you haven't, then I'd wonder about something else going on. I also wonder sometimes if anyone on this forum has consulted a neurologist.

When I see posts like yours, I want to shake my fist at the heavens yelling "It's not fair!"

When is the last time you had symptoms? Have you had these very same symptoms?

If you haven't, then I'd wonder about something else going on. I also wonder sometimes if anyone on this forum has consulted a neurologist.

I have these symptoms on and off.....I also have seizures and heart flutters/breathlessness...I used to have many others but these are the main ones that are still there...on and off. The second year is proving to be much worse than the first  :(

When I went to neurologists they try to give me drugs like lunesta, ambien and sonata and lyrica and I'm too scared to try anything! The first three are mentioned here http://www.benzobuddies.org/benzodiazepine-information/generic-brand-list and are apparently as bad as benzos. The latest doctor I'm going to didn't know about benzo withdrawal syndrome (like all the rest here in Malta) and I sent him some info about the subject...He agrees with me that we'd better wait some more before we start thinking of other conditions though I did have some blood tests (still waiting for results).

It is indeed not fair  :( thanks for the support...

I'm 22 months off and I'm experiencing a major wave. I'm not anxious (it's never psychological) or anything but very frustrated coz my physical symptoms are so debilitating!  :tickedoff:

If I spend some time sitting up I have to go and lie down....I get head pain, neck pain, eye pain, shoulder pain, blurry vision, I feel like I'm burning with fever and sometimes I do get low-grade fever but not always...but the worst symptom is the weakness in my spine and neck. It feels like it's made of jelly and it's gonna collapse. If I resist the impulse to lie down I start feeling faint and breathing heavily and holding onto things to keep from falling. Some days I also have terrible abdominal pain. This last wave has been going on for 10 days now and it feels like it's here to stay!!  :sick:

I've been on a candida diet for 6 years and I don't take alcohol, sugar or caffeine. Is there anything more I can do?  :-\

Usually people don't have to stay on the candida diet once they have gotten rid of the excess overgrowth.  Candida often occurs in people who have immune systems compromised by illness or medication as well as those who consume sugars and carbs in excess amounts for a lengthy period of time.  6 years should definitely have been more than enough time to treat it.

I believe some people started experiencing health problems on the Atkin's Diet fad that was quite popular years ago.  Maybe you could alter your diet and see if that changes anything.  I know sugar and carbs are not good in excess but carbohydrates do play an important role.  It is said the Nervous System needs about 150 grams of carbs to operate properly.  I guess if it isn't operating properly that could cause physical symptoms.

There is a good probability that your complications may still be from withdrawal, but unless you have a medical reason for continuing the diet you could try and see what introducing some carbs back into your diet for a few weeks does. 

Crono

[b0...]

Nuntia,

Hi there and sorry to hear of these awful symptoms you are having.

I have Candida severely!!! I get thrush mouth and am on Diflucan 300mg a day!

Also I have athlete's foot on my left foot from it and I have it in my stomach as well.

Did your candida go away?

I have to take the Diflucan a month.. I also have to watch what I eat.

I hope your wave goes soon.

Hang in there.

I do take carbs in the form of potatoes and rice....what I don't take is wheat, dairy, corn, beans and lentils and some other stuff that gives me abdominal pain and bleeding. I call it candida diet for short because it's similar but not exactly...it's an elimination diet of things that I discovered give me pain

Nuntia,

Hi there and sorry to hear of these awful symptoms you are having.

I have Candida severely!!! I get thrush mouth and am on Diflucan 300mg a day!

Also I have athlete's foot on my left foot from it and I have it in my stomach as well.

Did your candida go away?

I have to take the Diflucan a month.. I also have to watch what I eat.

I hope your wave goes soon.

Hang in there.

Since I started this diet I never had any thrush again and not even the frequent cystitis I used to get (my therapist had said cystitis is due to candida as well) but I never had it as bad as you describe. I just stuck to an elimination diet imilar to candida because of abdominal pain and bleeding as explained above. Hope this is helpful