Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Did anyone crossover from clonazepam to a benzo other than Librium/Valium ?

[li...]

Just wondering. I didn't do well on Valium, clonazepam is hard. I haven't tried Librium.

There are many other long acting benzos, for example Tranxene and clobazam.

Xanax is very short acting and people can and do taper successfully off of it.

There is no easy out to benzo dependence.

I crossed over from xanax to klonopin. It's like jumping from the frying pan into the fire. But you can dose twice daily with klonopin.

I'd say if you're on Clonazepam and you've already tried crossing over to Valium, and that didn't go too well, then it might be best to just settle in and taper from it.  It's one of the better ones in terms of half life.

The downside of Librium is that the smallest capsule is 5 mgs - equivalent to 2 mgs Valium.

I actually found Librium had less side effects than Valium, but the half life was not as long and the fact that I could not reduce lower than the 5 mg capsule without doing some sort of titration was a drawback.

[43...]

Liberty,

You have some good advice BUT let me add this..Klonopin has a medium Half-Life.

If you were to "TRY" to c/o to anything like Ativan or Xanax with a shorter half-life than the Klonopin, you are bound to set yourself up for a scenario you do not want.. Why? Because the short half-life of Ativan or Xanax and a other host of Benzos.. simply will not cover the Klonopin.

So, those two I would forget about.

Librium- No experience with.

Valium will cover Klonopin but in your earlier posts you say you can't tolerate it.

Tranxene ? Well.. I doubt it because it is a metabolite of Valium.

There's not too many options as far as I can see.

I tried covering Klonopin once with Xanax.. that was an epic fail.

Take care.