Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

I want to cross over to Valium at 1.25mg of Klonopin

[ch...]

Hello,

First I'd like to apologize for my signature not being current. It's been a very inconsistent taper so far and I don't have all the dates. I'm currently on 100mg of Pristiq and 600mg of Neurotin (previously on 900mg for about 4 months- I'm currently tapering this drug as I've read it could hinder recovery since it acts on the GABAa receptor.)

I'd like to switch to valium. I'm at 1.25mg of Klonopin (the highest amount I took was 8mg). I started my first taper back in January of 2010, I failed and turned to opiates and alcohol as well as increasing my dosage back up to 6mg. As of April 28th, 2011, I stopped opiates and began a quick taper of the Klonopin. I've been okay with opiates, but occasionally I will drink to take the edge off withdrawal and I know that's a very, very poor decision. So I need to get my act together and make a plan. Like I said, I've made it down to 1.25mg and I'm just BARELY functioning. I went way too fast even the second time around but I don't want to updose.

I need a schedule for crossing over at 1.25mg of Klonopin to show my pdoc. They only have one for 1.5mg of K on the Ashton site. I may even want to go slower than the Ashton manual since I've heard people say it's considered rapid. I've only discussed a crossover with my pdoc before and he wasn't crazy about the idea. I don't think he fully understood it.

If you could help me out, it would be greatly appreciated.

I'm tapering off k as well, charlie.

My plan is to start titration. There are several upsides to this. You don't need a doctors approval or understanding. You're in complete control of how slowly you want to go.

I can't speak on the c/o to valuim. I don't know enough about it. Hopefully someone will be around soon to help you with that.

Here is a link titration board. There's even a video showing how it's done.

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?board=62.0

So, you have several options.

• 1 month later...

It's been over a month and nobody has responded.

I'm down to 1.125mg of Klonopin now and I need a schedule to show to my doctor.

Thanks

if you want to cross to valium,  1 mg of klonopin is equivelent to 20 mgs of valium

Week 1  take .75 mgs klonopin  5 mgs valium

Week 2        .50 klon  10 mgs valium

Week 3        .25 klon  15 mgs valium

Week 4          20 mgs valium

the .125 mgs of klon has an equivalent of 2.5 mgs of valium  if you want to you can add another week and switch that dose as well.

hope this helps