Important Survey - Please Participate ×

My introduction

[ce...]

Hi...my name is Ceryna...I have been addicted to xanax again for about a year and want to come off using the water titration method. I was on it for several years, a couple of years ago, I quit c/t and stayed off for about one year, never really did get better. I ended up reinstating after a severe flare up after taking Cipro for a UTI. I don't want to go through another c/t, scares me to much. I was unable to work, developed agoraphobia, isolation, nobody understood, as you all here, well know. Anyway I am currently taking 1mg ..3 times daily. I have read a lot, and there are a lot of suggestions out there as far as how much to remove from each dose. Planning on starting at a solution of 100ml. (each dose mixed with) and removing 1ml. out of one dose first day, 1ml. out of two doses the next day, etc. I am open to suggestions and very glad to be here. Nice to meet all of you, although I haven't yet!

Hi Ceryna,

It's nice to meet you and we're glad you're here! I have a very similar history with Xanax that you do, you can see by signature line.

I like your enthusiasm and determination and it sounds like you have gained a lot of knowledge about your situation.

We've got a titration section, here is the link:

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?board=62.0

Please make yourself at home and let us know if you have any questions.

Welcome to BenzoBuddies. :)

Hi, Ceryna, and welcome to BenzoBuddies.

I think titration is an excellent way to get off short-acting benzos like Xanax.  And since you've experienced a reaction to Cipro (a fluorquinolone A/B), going slow as you are planning should work well for you.  Let us know how we can best support you.  ;)

Hello Ceryna and welcoming you to BB! I agree that doing a taper is a safer and easier way to get off benzos, glad to hear you are going to try that rather then going cold turkey. I also used titration when I got to lower doses when I was tapering, it seemed to help me. Let us know if you have any questions and how we can continue to support you.