Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

My introduction

[ce...]

Hi...my name is Ceryna...I have been addicted to xanax again for about a year and want to come off using the water titration method. I was on it for several years, a couple of years ago, I quit c/t and stayed off for about one year, never really did get better. I ended up reinstating after a severe flare up after taking Cipro for a UTI. I don't want to go through another c/t, scares me to much. I was unable to work, developed agoraphobia, isolation, nobody understood, as you all here, well know. Anyway I am currently taking 1mg ..3 times daily. I have read a lot, and there are a lot of suggestions out there as far as how much to remove from each dose. Planning on starting at a solution of 100ml. (each dose mixed with) and removing 1ml. out of one dose first day, 1ml. out of two doses the next day, etc. I am open to suggestions and very glad to be here. Nice to meet all of you, although I haven't yet!

Hi Ceryna,

It's nice to meet you and we're glad you're here! I have a very similar history with Xanax that you do, you can see by signature line.

I like your enthusiasm and determination and it sounds like you have gained a lot of knowledge about your situation.

We've got a titration section, here is the link:

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?board=62.0

Please make yourself at home and let us know if you have any questions.

Welcome to BenzoBuddies. :)

Hi, Ceryna, and welcome to BenzoBuddies.

I think titration is an excellent way to get off short-acting benzos like Xanax.  And since you've experienced a reaction to Cipro (a fluorquinolone A/B), going slow as you are planning should work well for you.  Let us know how we can best support you.  ;)

Hello Ceryna and welcoming you to BB! I agree that doing a taper is a safer and easier way to get off benzos, glad to hear you are going to try that rather then going cold turkey. I also used titration when I got to lower doses when I was tapering, it seemed to help me. Let us know if you have any questions and how we can continue to support you.