Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

vivid dreams

[al...]

I'm also experiencing vivid dreams the further along my taper I get.  I believe that benzo's suppress deep sleep and dream sleep, resulting in a lighter sleep cycles and by tapering or C/T causes a rebound effect which also impacts the dreaming experience.  A little freaky yes, but a good sign I believe nonetheless. 

For the past month or so I have been going through periods of a few days where I will wake up very early, maybe 4 hours after I fell asleep. When this happens and I am able to fall back asleep I go into a semi-conscious state where I have vivid dreams, one after another. I usually wake up for a few minutes in between each. One morning all of the dreams were absolutely terrifying. Like, to the point where the last one woke me up and I was afraid to fall back asleep.

The past few days I have been back in one of these weird sleep cycles. Wake early, dream dream dream. I guess this is a sign of my brain waking up after having been shut down for so long on the benzo. I very, very rarely had dreams when I was on the drug, at least not vivid dreams that I would remember.