Important Survey - Please Participate ×

vivid dreams

[al...]

I'm also experiencing vivid dreams the further along my taper I get.  I believe that benzo's suppress deep sleep and dream sleep, resulting in a lighter sleep cycles and by tapering or C/T causes a rebound effect which also impacts the dreaming experience.  A little freaky yes, but a good sign I believe nonetheless. 

For the past month or so I have been going through periods of a few days where I will wake up very early, maybe 4 hours after I fell asleep. When this happens and I am able to fall back asleep I go into a semi-conscious state where I have vivid dreams, one after another. I usually wake up for a few minutes in between each. One morning all of the dreams were absolutely terrifying. Like, to the point where the last one woke me up and I was afraid to fall back asleep.

The past few days I have been back in one of these weird sleep cycles. Wake early, dream dream dream. I guess this is a sign of my brain waking up after having been shut down for so long on the benzo. I very, very rarely had dreams when I was on the drug, at least not vivid dreams that I would remember.