Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Muscle twitching, suggestions?

[mu...]

So I've been able to tolerate the majority of my withdrawal thus far except for this one symptom which is muscle twitching in my face every time I'm about to smile.  How long does this last?  How can I speed up the recovery if possible? 

I go back to work in a week and this s/x must be gone by then otherwise I have to go back to tapering off valium which will be very disappointing considering all that I have gone through to stay benzo free. It's an annoyance at this point b/c its not painful or uncomfortable it just doesn't make me want to interact with anyone face to face. And so I'm left a bit isolated from the world, which is not conducive to my recovery at all.

For atleast the first 2-3 months of trying to quit rapidly, I shaked, twitched, and had spasms throughout my body constantly, that was all the time, and then there where full blown seizures. The only thing that truly got rid of them was time, but I have to say, they put me on a anti-convulsant called keppra, I took it for around 2 months and it helped me calm down and stopped me from twitching so much.

I got off it as soon as I could with no problem, but it did help. Im sure you probablly aren't looking for prescription drugs to fix it though. I honestly cant think of anything else to help, I just let it happen.

I mean, If your body wants to twitch while its healing, then let it. If any of your co-workers give you shit for your twitching, don't even reciprocate it with a embarrassed remark, tell em whats causing it.

Thanks 500, the twitches seem to subside at different times of the day, I'm hoping it's getting better, seems like it.  The mornings seem to be the most challenging but I'm taking it easy on myself for now until I have to go back to work.

Thanks for the info, I'll look into keppra some more in case I feel I may need something.  I'm wandering if a muscle relaxer would help like flexiril, well I see my Dr tomorrow.. so I'll see.

I guess regardless, I'm relieved that I'm off the benzos and that I am healing slowly but surely.