Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Merry-go-Round

[Ho...]

Hello,

I have been addicted to Valium/Zanax for about ten years. I was taking six or more 10m pills per day. I almost destroyed my life for the second time (I am a drunk as well, with over 25 years of sobriety.) I thought I could substitute pills for alcohol and get away with it, but I was wrong!

I stopped taking Valium after a very short weaning period. I cut my dose very quickly and was down to one 5m pill per day. I cut that in half and went cold turkey about two weeks later.

I have not had any pills for over six months. I experienced brutal symptoms; could not sleep, night terrors, light sensitivity, and feeling like someone punched me I'm the guts.

I am still feeling bad 6 months later, although I feel much better now than I did at the beginning of this withdrawal ordeal.

I just want to feel likee again.

Hi House,

Congratulations for being benzo-free! It sounds like you've had a rough time with this. I'm glad your feeling better. It sometimes takes longer than we think to heal. What are your symptoms now? We're here to help you and provide you support, if you have any questions please let us know. Welcome to BenzoBuddies.  :)

Hi House and welcome to BB! Congrats on being benzo free. I know it can be tough, but it sounds like you are starting to see some improvements which is great. It can be a long road I know, but it will get easier as time passes. Hang in there and let us know how we can continue to help you.