Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Spending a lot of time on forums

[dr...]

I have been spending a whole lot of time on the forums and researching benzo related things. Ideally, if I wasn't so symptomatic I would get out and do more to distract but my symptoms are ridiculous. I hate having so little self control, but the damaged nervous system controls everything from my mind to my body. I had a window for the first time in a long time yesterday and that was nice. I wonder do all of you spend hours online on benzo related stuff? My psychologist suggests trying to peel away from it more often, and normally outside of withdrawal I am so good at doing a lot of activities but right now I just can't focus on anything else.

I wish I could spend more time here at BB but my anxiety just really makes me jittery, so I come and go.

I just tried doing the chat and I had a very difficult time trying to follow the conversations. I'll keep working on it and hopefully will get better.

Hang in there. You sound like you're doing as well as can be expected!

Best wishes,

Tucson

Me as Day 23 of a c/t begins to wind to an end:  :-\

Hi drakelore!

I too spend a lot of time researching forums...frankly this the best one (not sucking up here either). There is really good reading here and a lot of knowledgable people. I know that the other sites have the knowledge as well, but it is more comforting in this site and people are very forthcoming about their symptoms.

Last week I had a nice window...I actually felt cocky one day which was a mistake. Turns out it was a window that was not to last.  :'( A couple of nights later I was getting 3 maybe 3 1/2 hours sleep, this lasted for five nights in a row and by the fith night I was batshit the next day. Every single vibration, sensitivity to light, agitation, irritation, numbness, tingling and mood swings were back - just like during month one of my crossover. I thought it was licked but not to be. I shut myself in the house again, did not exercise and did not do anything but feel sorry for myself and put myself in front of the TV. I work out of my home so it's good that way. Social obligations this week were actually terrifying. I can't believe I am back to this.....hmmm..I should have started a string. Maybe I will.

I'm obsessed with this place, bro.  If it weren't for it, I don't know if I could have made it.  I think you spend as much time here as needed, and if you feel like doing another activity, then you should do that instead.  Do what you think will make you comfortable. :)

Love the forum, and the people in it are awesome too!  I spend a good amount of time researching this forum and getting info on my condition.  Sometimes it helps, other times it can make me depressed, reading how far out some people can suffer, and so on.  It's good to get out and possibly be with people or do any activities that keep your mind off of this "hell".  It's very hard to do this sometimes but you have to try.

Hi draklore911

I wonder do all of you spend hours online on benzo related stuff? My psychologist suggests trying to peel away from it more often, and normally outside of withdrawal I am so good at doing a lot of activities but right now I just can't focus on anything else.

I don't, now. When I did my C/T and the hell started I did. I.e., I would research like a maniac for days. But then I would research obsessively about God, then epilepsy, then perfumes... What I am conveying here is that I believe WD creates OCD-like condition. It is very difficult to stop an obsession. In my case it is only possible by stopping one obsession with another one.

I do think that it is normal to obsess about benzo- initially but then one should move on. I agree with your psychologist.

Perhaps identifying what are you trying to get on forums etc would help? To write down the goals and then, when you achieve them, just stop.