Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

What brands of clonazepam do you use to titrate? TEVA no longer available. . .

[ge...]

Hi,

I've been using Teva brand clonazepam as long as I can remember.  It is no longer available at any stores in my area, and my pharmacy tried to order it but it is not available.  I know there are some brands that do not dissolve well in milk.  Please share with me any brands that you are currently using that dissolve well for titration.  Also, I need them to be scored, since I use 1/2 of a .50 mg. pill dissolved in 100 ml. of whole milk.

Sincere thanks,

Lynn

I use TEVA. Haven't gotten a refill in a while, so I'm not sure if it's still available here or not. Sorry you can't get it. Hopefully you can get something similar that still dissolves in whole milk. I am using whole milk as well and the TEVA dissolves well for me.

I wish you the best. Hopefully this is not too problematic for you.

Much love, ((HUGS)) and healing, Nicole

Nicole,

I actually called Teva Pharmaceuticals today.  Distribution is temporarily suspended of clonazepam, but should be back in pharmacies in 6 weeks.  Best of luck with the rest of your taper. 

In the meantime, I'm going to try APO Clonazepam.  It was recommended by a buddy in chat.  If anyone has experience with APO clonazepam, please share it with me.  I just don't want to mess up my titration this close to the end.

Thank you,

Lynn

Nicole,

I actually called Teva Pharmaceuticals today.  Distribution is temporarily suspended of clonazepam, but should be back in pharmacies in 6 weeks.  Best of luck with the rest of your taper.  

In the meantime, I'm going to try APO Clonazepam.  It was recommended by a buddy in chat.  If anyone has experience with APO clonazepam, please share it with me.  I just don't want to mess up my titration this close to the end.

Thank you,

Lynn

Lynn,

I have never tried APO Clonazepam, but here is another benzo buddies link about this topic that may interest you.  I, like Nicole, have done best on Teva, but noticed that Mylan dissolves well in milk as well.  Hope you get this worked out for the next 6 weeks at least!  Here is the thread:

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=34610.0

OOPS!  LOL!  I just noticed you have already read this thread!  If APO does not work for you, I did well on Mylan, but like most people I have talked to regarding this issue, TEVA is still the best unless you can afford hundreds of dollars on Klonopin by roche.  Costco pharmacy is my favorite one especially because I have no health insurance besides the local financial assistance program here which only has one pharmacy for controlled substances that ONLY carries the PINK Actavis nightmare klonopin!!!    Costco is almost as cheap as having good health insurance even with no health insurance and they usually can order the brand you need.  No membership is required either to use their pharmacy.    :D                        

Kian

Using apo. I can get 5 mg pills and can cut them fairly accurately into 1/4s.  I have not tried titrating, but if the fact that they cut easily is any indication, they might be good. I like them because they are larger in size than others I have used. Very interested about whether or not they can be used in liquid. Hope someone can answer that, too.

When I was on Klonopin I started out with Roche, had a K carved in it, then went to the blue ones, I never used Mylan.

I think the blue ones were calico (Something like that)

Using apo. I can get 5 mg pills and can cut them fairly accurately into 1/4s.  I have not tried titrating, but if the fact that they cut easily is any indication, they might be good. I like them because they are larger in size than others I have used. Very interested about whether or not they can be used in liquid. Hope someone can answer that, too.

Hanna,

They can all be used in liquid as long as they are first crushed with a mortar and pestle.  All but the PINK ONES and the Accord brand, too is really bad for titrating.  (.5mg's pink Klonopin that is Actavis brand) 

The main concern is accuracy and potency.  Some brands are weaker than others because of the way they interact with different bonders and fillers inside and outside the body.  I had to find this out the hard way like most everything else.  I never used to think that brands made a difference.  Clonazepam is clonazepam, right?  1's are 1's and 0's are 0's.  NOT SO....with clonazepam.  So it is with each of our journeys!

Kian

Klan,

Thanks for the information. This has been a really helpful thread for me. It can also be confused because different strengths of the same K will have different colours. Sounds like the best thing to do is stick to one brand that can be titrated, so don't end up with different strengths.

Thanks so much everyone.  I'll see if my doc will write a Rx for brand name only to get the Roche while waiting for the Teva brand to come back.  If he won't do that, it sounds like APO or Mylan might be my best course.  I do have good insurance.

I'll post later how it goes.  Maybe it will help someone out in the future.

Lynn