Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Tapering

[ki...]

It really depends on the Benzodiazepine you are on.  Some have longer half-lifes than others.  Some people find they can feel things by the next day, or maybe 3-4 days later.  When I tapered from Clonazepam, I felt the first cut within 48 hours...when I crossed to Diazepam, I felt those cuts about 6 days later. 

I hope you are well, take care!

Schatje

Similarly to the poster above with diazepam it can take me up to 6 or 7 days to feel a cut (dry cutting).  With liquid taper and smaller daily cuts, I can feel them more around day 3 or 4.  I think it can be quite individual, so keeping a record of your own experience will help you to hone in on when the cut becomes apparent to you each time. My understanding is that once you know your own pattern, it is fairly likely to be consistent, or at least, similar each time.