Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Stomach issues...describe?

[Sc...]

Hello to all,

I am 2+ months off benzos now, and my first month was okay.  Lots of ups and downs and the first week was particularly rough, but all and all I managed quite well.  Month 2 things became more rough, but still manageable.  Now into my 3rd month, I often feel like I did when I tapered.  The only difference is now I get breaks from it, so it will be really rough, but i recover quicker from it.

One thing that seems to linger for me is stomach issues.  But it's not just nausea and I want others to describe how they are w/ their stomach...especially those who have jumped.

For me, this is how my stomach feels (and it's not constant...the different sensations pop up randomly from day to day):

nausea (motion sickness feeling)

nausea (deep stomach flu feeling but w/out vomiting)

Gas pains (with no gas)

Zaps and sharp pains at random areas from just above pubic bone to ribs to diaphragm

Digestion is sometimes rough...after I eat, the gurgles almost hurt

I feel hunger, but it's also nausea so I don't know what to eat

Feel like I have to vomit but it's more of a gaggy feeling...never vomit

Again, I have days with very little stomach issues.  I don't have heartburn problems.  I know it's w/d related b/c I've had it since I tapered.  I just hoped the stomach issues would be slightly improved by now, and instead it's almost worse.  :'(

There are improvements in other areas, so please know it's not all doom and gloom at 2+ months off.

Love to all,

Schatje

And one more thing...when I get up during the night or in the morning to pee, it's as though my intestines, etc don't know what to do w/ the extra room from my bladder being suddenly emptied...so then when I return to bed it's hard to fall asleep b/c of the pains.  Kind of gas-like and very uncomfortable.  It makes it hard to relax and fall back asleep. 

Hi Schatje,

We've talked about sharing a lot of the same symptoms so I don't know how much I can add, but do you think the pains could be coming from muscle spasms?  I wasn't going to post today, had a rough night, but thought I'd see what you think.  I am having terrible muscles quivering inside and out.  I think it is causing the nausea too.  Everything is just jumping around and was all night. I also feel like vomiting but haven't and feel hungry in a way too.  I was sweating a lot last night and had burning mouth with that metallic taste.  Even my sweat smelled metallic. Sorry to be graphic.

Does anyone know why people get a lot of physical symptoms and others don't.  I had done really well until the start of this week handling all the stuff.

pianogirl :-[

Thank you SO much for taking the time to respond...today is really tough and this means a lot. 

It could be like a spasm...it's so hard to say.  It feels similar to gas cramps but it hits at random areas and I can't pass gas...so that leads me to think it's not a gas pain.  Also, my mouth has the metallic taste as well!  And my saliva gets thick and I feel like I need to spit constantly b/c there's excess saliva.  Ick.

This month is really tiring me out mentally and physically, so I just told on to the fact I can still see improvements even feeling like this.  But these past few days or really this past week is breaking me a bit.  I can't stop crying!  I was handling all of my physical stuff really well up until a week ago, but now I feel like I can't catch a break.  And just when I finally get a break from my stomach, I'll get the sweats or muscle aches or the adrenaline rushes. 

Thank you so much again for responding. 

Love and hugs,

Schatje