Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

whoa!!!

[Da...]

When I would take Benzo's in the past I would get a really bad craving for certain types of candies, mainly tart/sweet candy like sweet tarts, skittles, gummy bears etc.

Since my last Benzo I have changed everything about my diet. I completely cut out soft drinks, I drink tremendous amounts of water as I drank no water before. I eat no red meat only fish and occasionally chicken. I also eat a lot of vegetables. I started taking a multi vitamin, vitamin C and B-12. I believe all of this has contributed to a rather smooth although sometimes rough withdrawal. However, my last hurdle was to stop white sugar. I would use ALOT of white sugar in my morning Decaf coffee and tea. So this morning I stopped the white sugar and used Splenda. I am not sure if it was because of no sugar or because of the splenda but wow I went straight into a major Panic attack and severe DP about 2 hours later. It is about 10:30 in the morning now and I am still fighting the crap....Anyone know the solution?  Thinking I may try a cup of tea with sugar to see if it goes away.

Google the GAPS diet. You may find you want to try it.

Splenda is NOT good for you. You may want to google it as well.

Diet plays a big role in recovery. Get rid of the process foods, sugar, white flour etc.

Veggies, fruits and lean meats. No man made food. You will feel better.

Hopefully the panic attack got better.

Thanks for the replies....Was told that splenda was the lessor of two evils. Not really on a diet just trying to eat properly. I will dump the splenda and go to Raw honey...Anxiety is gone and feeling much better. Took a walk at lunch and filled up with water and I think that helped.

I had horrid reactions to Splenda and it took a while to figure out it was the culprit.  After I googled it and read some of the horror stories, I stopped using it and felt much better within a few days.

Some people have used stevia as a sugar substitute.

I started drinking my coffee black, and now I can't stand the taste of sweetener of any kind in it.http://i827.photobucket.com/albums/zz192/denistephenson/smileys/smiley%20food%20and%20beverage/lovecoffee.gif

Went the Honey route this morning and absolutely no wd symptoms.....Must have been the splenda...Listen to your body!!! Thanks for all the feedback

Went the Honey route this morning and absolutely no wd symptoms.....Must have been the splenda...Listen to your body!!! Thanks for all the feedback

I have no problems with honey either.  It's the best sweetener while on benzos in my opinion.

Kian