Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Tapering Klonopin and am requesting input

[su...]

Hello Buddies,

I am currently taking brand Klonopin. I just began my taper from 1.5m mg Sept 18th. I am taking it 3 times per day. I would like to eliminate the afternoon dose as I taper. Is that smart or should I cut from the am then the 3 pm alternating the dose reductions.

Right now I take:

.5mg 7am

.375mg. 3pm

.5mg 8pm

I am thinking of lowering my dose on Sunday and am leaning toward lowering the 3pm dose again. That would make it:

.5mg 7am

.25mg 3pm

.5mg 8pm

Any thoughts, experience, input?

Thank you,

Summer

Hi there!

I hope someone else who tapered from Klonopin can help, but I crossed to Diazepam from Clonazepam (Klonopin).  However, from what I've read, I'd say you're right on track!  I think it's reasonable to lower the afternoon dose first...I believe that is what many do.  Then they eventually get rid of the morning, then the evening. 

Again, hopefully someone who has more knowledge about Klonopin can chime in, but I'd say you're doing a great job. 

All the best,

Schatje

I am thinking of lowering my dose on Sunday and am leaning toward lowering the 3pm dose again. That would make it:

.5mg 7am

.25mg 3pm

.5mg 8pm

Any thoughts, experience, input?

Hey Summer  :smitten:

I think you are on the right track  :thumbsup:

.5mg 7am = 10mg of V

.375mg. 3pm = 7.5mg of V

.5mg 8pm = 10mg of V

27.5mg

.5mg 7am =10mg of V

.25mg 3pm = 5mg of V

.5mg 8pm = 10mg of V

25mg

= ((25 - 27.5) / |27.5|) * 100

= (-2.5 / 27.5) * 100

= -0.090909 * 100

= -9.0909%

= 9.0909% decrease

I would say it is pretty much a 9%-10% cut  :thumbsup:

Hang in there  :mybuddy:

Edit* I know you are not tapering Valium but Klonopin, it all pretty much comes out the same.

Hello Buddies,

Thank you Schatje,and Sigma for your feedback. I see it seems to be okay to drop the 3pm dose first. When I tapered before I would reduce one of the doses then another back and forth until one of the am or 3pm doses was gone. I had not just tapered one does at a time.

It is a 9.1% dose reduction which in the past has been within what my body can manage.

Any other input is welcome.

Love,

Summer