Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

it wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for these FEARS

[Me...]

I have fears about everything.  I seem to come up with the most insane thoughts or obsessed about things i'll never understand and find myself in this brutal fear.

My body feels fine, I'm not having TOO bad symptoms, but I seem insistent on scaring myself or trying to figure out everything.  Its mentally exhausting.....

I think a part of it is being completely isolated.  I have no one to talk to, I spend my whole day isolated in my room.  I guess that would make anyone crazy.....

Hey Metheral

I too often have fears mainly about being confronted with social situations that i can't handle yet, and also if i will get good grades in college this semester. I'm constantly thinking about my withdrawal and how far I've come and how far i still have to go.  I think about when i will start meeting people again, and making friends.  I think about all the time I've lost to this "process" and if it will have serious consequences.  During my waves i tend to keep to myself.  During windows most of my fears are gone and i start to get involved with things again.  The fear your experiencing will get better as it has steadily for me and many others.

Good Luck

Sam

I feel you on the fears, not only do I worry about normal life things but I come up with just the most random things and freak out, like today I was getting into my car after class and I thought what if someone put a bomb in my car like they do the movies and when i turn the key im going to blow up. My mind just cooks up the most random of things its pretty bothersome, this didnt start until I got on the benzo's so hopefully it will subside.

Dear Tucson

Thanks so much for the support i really needed that.

And as to that kind of fear selinam, I also experience that from time to time.  Very strange thoughts indeed.  It's so weird and bizarre what these pills can do to your mind.  Good thing we heal from it!

Metheral66:

I notice from reading your history that you crossed over from clonazepam to 50 mg of diazepam (Valium) on September 17, then on the 24th made a cut down to 45 mg.

I have two comments: One, I think perhaps you didn't give your body enough time to adjust to the cross-over before making your first cut. Just the c/o alone could be wreaking havoc on your system, but to only be on that dose for one week before making a cut just seems to me to be too short a period.

Second, you made a cut from 50 to 45 mg., which is a pretty hefty cut, even though you're on a pretty good-sized dose of Valium.

I spent 12 of my 14 years on benzos hooked to Valium, after crossing over from two years of using Xanax in the summer of 1999. I took six weeks or so to slowly cut down on the Xanax while also increasing my dose of Valium to the 30-40 mg. daily level I pretty much stayed at for the entire time I was on Valium. Coming down at the higher level, I'd recommend making 2.5 mg. cuts instead of 5 mg.

I'd take it down 2.5 mg. at a time every 3-4 weeks (or when your mind and body are ready) until you hit 20 mg., when tapering becomes even harder. At that point I'd see if you could get 5 mg. pills and cut them in four pieces and go down by 1.25 mg. each time.

That's just my suggestion, but it seems to me you haven't stabilized on the Valium and you are making a too-big cut too soon. I'd recommend going back to 50 mg. for at least 2-3 weeks, and then if you are stable, cutting to 47.5 mg.

Good luck -- and easy does it!

Tucson

Me at the end of the day on Day 21 of a "reinstated c/t":  :-\