Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Panic attacks

[Iw...]

Just was wondering since ive had so many panic attacks lately, i dont know if my cuts have caught up wit me or this is just how it goes when i get this low, but im starting to get a phobia now of anything i do can lead to a PANIC ATTACK! Unfortunately i started using benzos cause i was abusing it from the beginning and never knew the consequences but then wanted off and the only good thing about this long taper ive done is it got me drug free!  :yippee:...but on the other hand im scarred that i might develop a panic disorder or something with these phobias?!? i never knew what anxiety was nor a panic attack or anything...can i develop a disorder from all this? and how can i get these obsessing thoughts of fear about having a panic attack of my mind! thank you

Hi IwillnIcan,

Congratulations for being benzo free! That's great, how long has it been then? If it's just be in the last few weeks your body is still trying to adjust.

I don't think you can develop a panic disorder from benzos, it's just in the beginning you are still healing. One thing I do when I start to worry is that every time I have a negative or obsessive thought I replace it with something positive. That's not to deny or discount withdrawal symptoms, it just helps me not let myself run away with what ifs?

How are your other symptoms, are you getting some windows too?

No im still on benzos, im at 8.5mg now from 80mg.... :(, i meant drug free as in other drugs i was abusing like pot and etc... but yea while im going through this im obsessing about having a panic attack anywhere i go now and i was never like that! i know its w-d but  my mind obsesses so much sometimes its exhausting just tryin to stay positive. I just came back from a walk at the park around my house and i thought i was going to have a panic attack but i calmed myself as hard as it was i wanted to get the hell out of there ASAP....its frustrating!

No im still on benzos, im at 8.5mg now from 80mg.... :(, i meant drug free as in other drugs i was abusing like pot and etc... but yea while im going through this im obsessing about having a panic attack anywhere i go now and i was never like that! i know its w-d but  my mind obsesses so much sometimes its exhausting just tryin to stay positive. I just came back from a walk at the park around my house and i thought i was going to have a panic attack but i calmed myself as hard as it was i wanted to get the hell out of there ASAP....its frustrating!

Okay, well you are on your way there.  :thumbsup: It is hard sometimes, but remember, you are not your withdrawal. You will be aright, just pace yourself. Glad you got to take a walk, I know sometimes when I go out, I want to come home pretty quickly.

:)

I did have panic attacks before Benzos...but NOTHING compared to the attacks I had ON Benzos and during my taper.  I truly believe that we won't be left with these horrendous attacks.  Even now at 2 months off, I was going weeks without ANY attacks (meanwhile, when I tapered I had them several times a week).  I'm in a wave right now, so this past week I think I've had 3 full blown attacks, BUT they don't last as long and I do recover from them much quicker after I've had the attack.  I think over time they will diminish completely.  I didn't have attacks this severe before benzos, so I shouldn't have them like this once I'm fully healed.  Try to remember how you were pre-benzos.

All the best to you...things will get better!

Schatje

thanks nicolette! :) and i try schajte its just been so long! and i dont really remember how i was but i try not to let it get to me cause I KNOW its me psychologically inducing these attacks...i shouldnt even be thinkin am i going to have a panic attack when i go out, instead thinking of wat im doing, not my w/ds....which is hard but ive been doin it till now! i really hope this is the first thing to go when im done tapering

IwillIcan, are you on valium? If so it does not look like you are tapering real fast so I am guessing that this is just a speedbump in the road. I got hit hard between 4.5 and 4mg cuts on valium but it has been relatively mild since. If you can stand to be drowsy, benedryl is a good antianxiety aid and it cuts a lot of the nausea if you get that. I updose on Benedryl quickly so I try not to use it unless I really need it.

Wow, you're making cuts (of what, I don't know, I assume Valium) every WEEK? I'd recommend slowing down and giving yourself at least 2-3 weeks before making the next cut.

Easy does it... Hang in there.

Tucson

Me at the end of Day 21 of a reinstated c/t:  :-\

Yea im tapering valium, and i think its just my cuts caught up wit me. i kno im not cutting fast but i got slammed this cut ive experienced some w-ds that ive never had throughout my taper especially the dp/dr, really scary when it first hit me (only lasted 15 minutes) cuz i didnt know what was happening. but yea im juss goin give this cut an extra 5 days or so. yea tucson im makin cuts every week but their not big cuts at all only .5mg.....its gone smoother than when i was cuttin 1mg every 2 weeks which is the same thing i was doing since i got under 20 mg. i hope this is just a minor bump  klondike and thanks for reassuring me as im skeptical how my next cut will be  :-\

Iwill....

Am tapering clonazapam and have been having s'x's for 17 days since cutting 1.5%. One of the worst is the anxiety/adrenaline surge upon awakening. It takes a lot longer than I want, to subside. Tell myself constantly it is withdrawal....but, ugh! It's awful.