Important Survey - Please Participate ×

whats with w/d and 'deep thinking'

[Me...]

I started my w/d again.  Yesterday I was fine concerning 'existential' thinking.  But almost on cue, today thats all i was obsessed with.

Listening to theological debates, wondering what i believe, and confusing the hell out of myself

I just find it strange how when I w/d that type of thinking just seems to come up automatically.....

anyone know why?

I'm not sure why this happens, but I did have it occur throughout my taperl. I'd ponder on life, places, space, other planets... anything that would cause me to go off into my oen little world. I wonder if it counts as obsessive thinking, as it's all I could think about sometimes. As long as it's not affecting you in your everyday life, then it's safe to say to ponder away  :P

Wow, good thread. Thanks.

I still ponder many things and I know it is withdrawal related.

The first 6 months off benzos, I seemed to have lost the concept of life. It was like growing up, living life, then growing old and eventually dying didn't make sense, or even have a point. Then I went on a trip non stop dwelling on whether or not there is a creator. I couldn't stop thinking if there wasn't a creator, how bad it would be for everything to just be blackness and never exist again. A lot of creepy thoughts, huh?

I could go on and on about this subject....

I think I know the purpose of life -- what's the one thing that every living creature does? It's solving problems!  Think about it!  Every thing must solve a problem, because not only would it not exist if it didn't, but if it's sufficiently intelligent, it would be completely bored. What fun would a chess game be if you knew you were going to win all the time?  

I can honestly say that the last thing I've been during this torture is ((bored))!

Before benzos I was a healthy existential thinker, but w/d has twisted mine into an unrelenting twilight zone of misery.   :(

I can relate to that!

It's just strange thinking.