Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

whats with w/d and 'deep thinking'

[Me...]

I started my w/d again.  Yesterday I was fine concerning 'existential' thinking.  But almost on cue, today thats all i was obsessed with.

Listening to theological debates, wondering what i believe, and confusing the hell out of myself

I just find it strange how when I w/d that type of thinking just seems to come up automatically.....

anyone know why?

I'm not sure why this happens, but I did have it occur throughout my taperl. I'd ponder on life, places, space, other planets... anything that would cause me to go off into my oen little world. I wonder if it counts as obsessive thinking, as it's all I could think about sometimes. As long as it's not affecting you in your everyday life, then it's safe to say to ponder away  :P

Wow, good thread. Thanks.

I still ponder many things and I know it is withdrawal related.

The first 6 months off benzos, I seemed to have lost the concept of life. It was like growing up, living life, then growing old and eventually dying didn't make sense, or even have a point. Then I went on a trip non stop dwelling on whether or not there is a creator. I couldn't stop thinking if there wasn't a creator, how bad it would be for everything to just be blackness and never exist again. A lot of creepy thoughts, huh?

I could go on and on about this subject....

I think I know the purpose of life -- what's the one thing that every living creature does? It's solving problems!  Think about it!  Every thing must solve a problem, because not only would it not exist if it didn't, but if it's sufficiently intelligent, it would be completely bored. What fun would a chess game be if you knew you were going to win all the time?  

I can honestly say that the last thing I've been during this torture is ((bored))!

Before benzos I was a healthy existential thinker, but w/d has twisted mine into an unrelenting twilight zone of misery.   :(

I can relate to that!

It's just strange thinking.