Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

when should i cut my dose of valium please

[mi...]

bb hi i made the c/o from klonopin to valium... I did it in 4 weeks.. then I started taking only the valium. I am on valium now just for 11 days... When should i cut please and how much...the c/o was not bad but now I am feeling it so much i do not know what to do.

I am on sixteen and half mgs...

Thank yu so much

luv

Mishi

If you wait a few more days, you'll hit the 14 day mark and should be able to start tapering again, if you feel comfortable doing so. How have you been feeling? I didn't cut my dosage down until I felt stable enough.

If you wait a few more days, you'll hit the 14 day mark and should be able to start tapering again, if you feel comfortable doing so. How have you been feeling? I didn't cut my dosage down until I felt stable enough.

Shaneb thank you so much.... I feel up and down.... The c/o was not bad.... It is getting diffiuclt now... I had a window the other day and it passed.... Today it is awful......When you say stable does that mean windows everyday or sometimes.... I am not sure how stable you are suppose to feel..Did you wait 2 weeks before you cut.....I do have alot of stress going on at the same time but I feel I wait to much longer I am just prolonging the agony.....Thank you for answering my post and being concerned...

Hope you are feeling well let me know all the best

Luv

Mishi

I interpret being "stable" they way they do in the hospital:  not getting steadily worse.  I didn't get but a couple of windows the whole time I was tapering so I'd never have gotten off if I'd waited for them.  ;)

As I mentioned on one of your other threads, since you are on 16.5mg, you could safely cut 1.5mg off that dose (go to 15mg) in about 2 weeks.  That's under 10% and I think a good place to start. 

To me, stable was when I wasn't getting hit with new withdrawal symptoms or if my symptoms were reduced to the point where I felt strong enough to handle another cut. I never truly felt good for long periods of time. Of course, I'd get a window or two every time I cut, but they would be minimal and then I'd get smacked with more withdrawal. It's all about knowing how much your body can take. I held for three weeks, until I got down to the lower dosages, then I started holding every two weeks. I hope you start feeling better, I know how frustrating it all can be.

I interpret being "stable" they way they do in the hospital:  not getting steadily worse.  I didn't get but a couple of windows the whole time I was tapering so I'd never have gotten off if I'd waited for them.  ;)

As I mentioned on one of your other threads, since you are on 16.5mg, you could safely cut 1.5mg off that dose (go to 15mg) in about 2 weeks.  That's under 10% and I think a good place to start. 

Dear beeper how are you doing sweetheart... thank you so much... I will cut on the 29th day of sept which will mean that I held at 2 weeks just on the valium alone after the 4 week crossover from k to v... So  I will cut 1.5 that day... Hope you are happy beeper right now and enjoying your life without the poisen... You sure help alot of us out here and I deeply appreciate it..

Take care

Luv

Mishi

Should I wait for the 2 weeks before I cut or can I do it earlier?  a few days earlier... I cannot wait already..

Mishi,

Hello,

Stable does not mean a peaceful taper all the way down.

I think many of us hit some point, where we get worse in the taper, yet we just have to keep going.

Stable to me means "To Tolerate".. that is exactly what it means.

Good Luck.

To me, stable was when I wasn't getting hit with new withdrawal symptoms or if my symptoms were reduced to the point where I felt strong enough to handle another cut. I never truly felt good for long periods of time. Of course, I'd get a window or two every time I cut, but they would be minimal and then I'd get smacked with more withdrawal. It's all about knowing how much your body can take. I held for three weeks, until I got down to the lower dosages, then I started holding every two weeks. I hope you start feeling better, I know how frustrating it all can be.

Shaneb thank you for your help I will try to figure out on how my body feels at this time... Thank you for your help.. Hoping you are getting better all the time

Luv

Mishi

Mishi,

Hello,

Stable does not mean a peaceful taper all the way down.

I think many of us hit some point, where we get worse in the taper, yet we just have to keep going.

Stable to me means "To Tolerate".. that is exactly what it means.

Good Luck.

Sigma you are the best, cannot wait any longer.. the 2 weeks are up and I will start the race down... Here it goes... I explained earlier in my post I will be tapering by myself at home... My math skills are really bad....and it will be impossible to do this alone.  I appreciate all of your help and support here... I will cut 1.5 for the first time....Whether it is to much or not I will have to bear it.....Sigma I hope you are having windows now and not feeling the pain...

My heart is with you alway's

Luv

Mishi

Dear beeper how are you doing sweetheart... thank you so much... I will cut on the 29th day of sept which will mean that I held at 2 weeks just on the valium alone after the 4 week crossover from k to v... So  I will cut 1.5 that day... Hope you are happy beeper right now and enjoying your life without the poisen... You sure help alot of us out here and I deeply appreciate it..

Take care

Luv

Mishi

Should I wait for the 2 weeks before I cut or can I do it earlier?  a few days earlier... I cannot wait already..

Yes, I am doing really great, mishi.  :mybuddy:  In fact, it's become difficult to find the time to check on all my buddies.  I am so glad you are going to be on your way soon.  If you feel okay to cut a few days early, I'd go for it.  There's nothing "magic" about 2 weeks; it's just a guideline.  Hope you have a good week.