Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

when do you know a c/t was a sucess

[Me...]

Its been about 10 days since I c/t from clonazapam to valium.  I did it all at once and I herd horror stories about the c/t.

But it was easy, it definatly didn't make me worse, if anything i feel abit better.....which seems kind of weird

so was the c/t a success or will something happen in future.  I think all of the K is all out of symptom. 

Sweetie I think your gng to fine, the important part you are gng to still get relief from tapering from the Valium , I never had that advantage to cross over to anything , I just went C/T without crossing over to anything .I wish I knew better . Stay the course and your gng to be fine.

Love Laura

God Bless

xoxoxo :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

It sounds like you're successfully crossed over (c/o, not c/t). I crossed over from Xanax to Valium in the summer of 1999, but it took me about 6 weeks or so to do it. I'd gradually lower my Xanax dose while slowly increasing my Valium dose. The one thing I noticed (and Xanax and Ativan are very similar in how they affect most people) was that Valium was much more sedating than Xanax. Xanax (like Ativan) has a fairly short half-life, unlike Valium, which has a very long half-life. When the Xanax wore off, I knew it! With the Valium, it wasn't as evident when I missed a dose, because of the longer half-life.

I wish you luck as you stabilize and then begin to taper. I was able to taper down to 2.5 mg of Valium two times a day. That was the lowest I ever got. Each time, some stressful period would prompt me to go back up to a higher level, so I never was able to successfully taper and jump off. Instead, I seem destined to jump off c/t and do my best to push toward freedom.

Hang in there. I wish you nothing but success in fighting this horrible addiction!

Tucson

Me on Day 20 of a "reinstated c/t":  :crazy: