Important Survey - Please Participate ×

when do you know a c/t was a sucess

[Me...]

Its been about 10 days since I c/t from clonazapam to valium.  I did it all at once and I herd horror stories about the c/t.

But it was easy, it definatly didn't make me worse, if anything i feel abit better.....which seems kind of weird

so was the c/t a success or will something happen in future.  I think all of the K is all out of symptom. 

Sweetie I think your gng to fine, the important part you are gng to still get relief from tapering from the Valium , I never had that advantage to cross over to anything , I just went C/T without crossing over to anything .I wish I knew better . Stay the course and your gng to be fine.

Love Laura

God Bless

xoxoxo :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

It sounds like you're successfully crossed over (c/o, not c/t). I crossed over from Xanax to Valium in the summer of 1999, but it took me about 6 weeks or so to do it. I'd gradually lower my Xanax dose while slowly increasing my Valium dose. The one thing I noticed (and Xanax and Ativan are very similar in how they affect most people) was that Valium was much more sedating than Xanax. Xanax (like Ativan) has a fairly short half-life, unlike Valium, which has a very long half-life. When the Xanax wore off, I knew it! With the Valium, it wasn't as evident when I missed a dose, because of the longer half-life.

I wish you luck as you stabilize and then begin to taper. I was able to taper down to 2.5 mg of Valium two times a day. That was the lowest I ever got. Each time, some stressful period would prompt me to go back up to a higher level, so I never was able to successfully taper and jump off. Instead, I seem destined to jump off c/t and do my best to push toward freedom.

Hang in there. I wish you nothing but success in fighting this horrible addiction!

Tucson

Me on Day 20 of a "reinstated c/t":  :crazy: