Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

For those who are healed

[WT...]

I almost feel as though I'm pestering the healed because I keep calling on them, but they are my main source of inspiration.  For those who are healed -- was there ever a time when you felt pretty good before you were fully healed, but you have triggers that briefly sent your mind back into how it felt in acute withdrawal?  What I mean is.. you don't go back into it, but everything has that look and feel to it of horror, and things being twisted; even if briefly. 

I'm not healed, but I'm doing better -- my main symptom, besides fear, is now what I described above.  It's as though it's not wanting to let go.  They are basically flashbacks of exactly what it was like (this happens when sunlight is a certain color or clouds a certain way, and I keep feeling it's always going to be this way.  Please tell me that these go away.. please.... :-\

When I healed, when I finally said those words, there wasn't anything that sent me back into it.  Sure, I had nights where I didn't sleep very well, or times when my nerves were a little on edge, but once I knew I was there, that was it.  If you're still feeling these sensations, then you're not there yet, but when you are, they'll be gone. 

I don't have PTSD, I don't have flashbacks, I don't live in fear that something will trigger it again, it's over and done with.  The only thing I still have is gratitude to be well, to feel joy, to be able to laugh, love and cry. 

Say you have an underlying disorder (panic) ... I'm assuming panic attacks and those sx will return off benzos because that is how you were prior to even taking them??

I understand.. I'm still pretty far from being healed, and I was hit by a wave earlier, which I'm still experiencing a little bit of it.  I would say on average that I'm about 65 to 70 percent healed.  I do fear that I will have PTSD..  I know I'll remember all this, but I want the emotional memory to vanish.  I won't consider myself healed until at the very least that occurs.

I no exactly what you mean about the lighting it was never something I had ever experienced before the benzo's so I believe it is also something that will go away with time. Good luck to you!