Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Very irrational thinking

[Th...]

I have the weirdest thoughts now like for instance body sensations i think the worst case scenerios and then obsess over it. Then another thing is i keep thinking everything is a sign, like if im driving and i see a few ambulances I think thats a sign that im ill and need to go to the Er! One time i was texting a friend and accidently texted icu and started obsessing that it was a sign meaning im gone end up in icu! Dont even let me get started on how i interpet my nightmares! Am i crazy r is this normal to have irrational thinking during withdrawal?

the Gift, i know EXACTLY what you mean about everything seeming like a sign, thanks for posting that. Its like anything, a small statement made by any individual or something on TV or on the news. And then theres this thing where it seems like I already dreamed about it or something like that. its distressing. Im also having nightmares as well and since I remember them its weird ,its like im kind of looking for but afraid of any connections between them and reality.

We are having similar things so  :yippee: were not going mad..TY...TY...TY! :thumbsup:

How are you doing recovering?

what2do, I am hanging in there! One day at a time. I see improvements in many sx, some have gotten slightly worse, or my coping skills are wearing thin, not sure which.  Thanks for asking. I am in this for the long haul, so I will face whatever comes. How are you doing?

i totally hate the dr too.  it's terrible for me.  i am in a 3 day window hun!  and now i see how irrational that fear was; it's so odd how all encompasing it is; it's crazy but it's just the wd.  phew.  that dr sx is so bad it feels so far from mental health that it plants the fear that we won't heal but we do and we are :smitten:

• 1 month later...
Yep. DR is a big part of my symptoms. I thought I was done with that part and today a somewhat mild wave came rolling in with the fear and irrational thoughts. I'm not superstitious normally but the benzo withdrawal has me thinking very superstitious thoughts. While in acute withdrawal the first 6-8 weeks and even in interdose withdrawals before I c/t, I was a superstitious wreck. And fear of my surgeries going completely wrong was out the roof crazy. Only after a trip to the ER and several visits to my surgeon and PP did I come to grips that it was irrational fears and thoughts due to withdrawal. Now I deal with it even though I question the confirmation of all I did to get to to that conclusion. The beast is a very convincing con artist. Don't believe him.

Yeah, the fear is crazy, and then you hit a window, and you see how crzay you were being! I used to try to write notes to myself when I was in a window that I could read when I got into a wave, hoping that I could talk some sense into myself. It's like having multiple personalities!

As for the dp/dr, I hate that also. Luckily, I don't get that as much, but when I do it's hard not to feel like you are losing your mind. It's exactly like being on a bad acid trip, except you don't know when you will come down.

BLECK!!  :pokey:

[55...]

Yeah, the fear is crazy, and then you hit a window, and you see how crzay you were being! I used to try to write notes to myself when I was in a window that I could read when I got into a wave, hoping that I could talk some sense into myself. It's like having multiple personalities!

As for the dp/dr, I hate that also. Luckily, I don't get that as much, but when I do it's hard not to feel like you are losing your mind. It's exactly like being on a bad acid trip, except you don't know when you will come down.

BLECK!!  :pokey:

That's the truth!