Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

The simple version of my story...

[Pe...]

I am doing a very slow liquid taper after crossing over from lorazepam to diazepam, after a CT experience that made clear benzo was an issue.  I was then dry cutting from 15 mg to about 9 mg and got into very serious trouble at that point. Current liquid taper remains difficult (up and down, rare windows and some major sxs flares), progress is slow, but movement is forward. I will likely still be tapering well over a year from now.

Hi Perseus,

Your story is a very familiar one here at BenzoBuddies. I'm glad you found us.

I think you'll find many who are going through exactly the same thing you are.  The members here are very helpful and supportive.

Please have a look around and post any questions you might have.

Welcome,

Hope

Perseus,

I understand your pain, but yes, for most of us slower IS better.  My w/d took 2 1/2 years.  I don't say that to scare you because I know I am the rare exception for taking SOOOOO long.  But just want  you to know that you WILL get through it no matter how long it takes.  Stay strong, and when you feel weak, take care of yourself and KNOW that better days are ahead.  Just remember that the process is not linear ~ it has it's steps forwards AND backwards, and that is NORMAL.  Good luck to you and may you find much support at BB, as the rest of us have!  Sophia

Hey Perseus,

Welcome to BenzoBuddies! I'm sorry to hear withdrawal is becoming difficult for you. Remember, tapering isn't about how fast you can come off the drug. We decided to go slow with things so we can give our body time to properly heal. I hope you start feeling better, I know how cruddy it can feel to have no break from withdrawal. Let us know how we can help.

• 5 months later...

Hi Perseus,

This is probably gonna be a good place for you to visit as you slowly taper...I wish I could have tapered slowly but I'm starting to have some good days yay!! Usually followed by a day in bed thinking the fishtank is too loud!  :laugh: