Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Ordered titration equiptment..need help

[al...]

Well, after much thought I figure I am going to start liquid tirtration in whole milk when I get down to .25 mgs of Klonopin a day.  I am wondering if I can use 50 mls of milk for this or do I need to use 100 mls?  Also, do I reduce everyday, or hold at one dose for a few days?  I really have no clue how many pills I will need (I have the .5mg pills) with no refill and a dr who doesn't think I need to even taper off this stuff...so if anyone has any ideas as to how many pills I will need to do a titration successfully, how much milk I use, etc., that would be great. I watched some tirtration videos and ordered a 100ml cylinder, a pill crusher and some pipettes...this won't be for a while as I'm reducing my dose by .125mg's until I reach the .25 dose.  Thanks for any help you can give me!!! 

Hi allie,

This is advice I was given: "crush your days tablets to a fine powder and mix in 20 mils liquid. Withdraw and discard 1 mil liquid equaling a 5% dose reduction and hold 10 to 12 days and monitor yourself for any rough symptoms. If you're doing well continue making 5% dose reductions every 12 days."

For you, at cuts of .125mg from .5 is 4%, but if you are cutting .125mg from 1mg klonopin tab that's an 8% cut. 

If you can get 1ml needless syringes (my local pharmacy gave me 10 for $2) then you can draw out precise amounts from the 20 ml milk. If it is a 4% cut, draw out to the .8 line on the 1ml syringe.  Discard that amount.  And split the milk into two doses for the day.  Always shake before drawing out any amount.  If you are doing an 8% cut then you can discard .8 twice.

People hold for different amounts of time, but I'm going with 12 days.

It looks like we are trying to do the same thing.

That's only part of your question though. and just my opinions.

I'm shocked that your doctor has cut you off like that.  That's another good reason to do slow cuts, to give you time to find another doctor who may understand?

I'm wishing you the best...

Well, after much thought I figure I am going to start liquid tirtration in whole milk when I get down to .25 mgs of Klonopin a day.  I am wondering if I can use 50 mls of milk for this or do I need to use 100 mls?  Also, do I reduce everyday, or hold at one dose for a few days?  I really have no clue how many pills I will need (I have the .5mg pills) with no refill and a dr who doesn't think I need to even taper off this stuff...so if anyone has any ideas as to how many pills I will need to do a titration successfully, how much milk I use, etc., that would be great. I watched some tirtration videos and ordered a 100ml cylinder, a pill crusher and some pipettes...this won't be for a while as I'm reducing my dose by .125mg's until I reach the .25 dose.  Thanks for any help you can give me!!! 

I would use 50ml of milk and cut 1ml per day holding as needed.  You can use less milk if you prefer, but then you will need a smaller syringe to remove smaller amounts. (1ml syringe).  It all depends on how fast or slow you want to go.  This is for you to decide.  Think of a good starting point on your taper rate and adjust it according to how you do while carefully following your symptoms.

Have you seen the video in my signature?  I think the wide top glass jars are the way to go.  You can make up to 2 or 3 daily batches at a time if you have enough jars.  Let us know what you decide to do.  Take care and I hope for your success!

Kian