Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

2nd month off worse than 1st month, any ideas??

[le...]

For me month 1 of being benzo-free was very up and down, but somedays I felt quite normal . But month 2 has been much much worse. Can anyone relate to this??

All the best!

'Leave'

It got worse before it got better... for me. But it does get better. It is not linear, which stinks, but healing does happen! I can relate!    Aug. 12th is my bellybutton birthday, looks like its your recovery birthday. Cool.        Scott

O Yes.

I became much worse by month 2 and hit very hard.Hang in there sometimes we get worse before

we become better..Best thing is tho..We do get Better!  ;)

~Jenny

For me, the second month was tolerable, but fourth month was pure hell.

Recovery is not linear and you'll have to accept this somehow!  Prepare yourself for a VERY bumpy ride that's in front of you!  :crazy:

When I went C/T, I was not too bad in the first month off, got worse in the second and then even worse in the third-4th month. This led to my eventual reinstatement. In hindsight, however, SOME things had let up, while others persisted or got worse. It's such a messed up process that doesn't follow any logic or reason. Hang in there and just be forewarned that things can get worse before they get better. It seems to be a "trend", of sorts, that some of us follow, that anywhere from the 3rd-6th months were pretty difficult. hopefully by 6 months off, you'll start to see some improvements in things. There's just no way to know, as we're all so different. I wish you the best and much continued healing.

Love, Nicole

my second month of was worse than the first as well.  this whole process is crazy...the way you can feel good one minute and like you're in hell the next. :crazy:

When I went C/T, I was not too bad in the first month off, got worse in the second and then even worse in the third-4th month. This led to my eventual reinstatement. In hindsight, however, SOME things had let up, while others persisted or got worse. It's such a messed up process that doesn't follow any logic or reason. Hang in there and just be forewarned that things can get worse before they get better. It seems to be a "trend", of sorts, that some of us follow, that anywhere from the 3rd-6th months were pretty difficult. hopefully by 6 months off, you'll start to see some improvements in things. There's just no way to know, as we're all so different. I wish you the best and much continued healing.

Love, Nicole

Nicole,

Hey it is Shell,  I have thought about you so much and wondering how you are doing? I worried about you when the hurricane hit. Just checking in on you. I know you have been through so much. Are you s/x getting better? I have asked Karen about you so many times. I was so used to hearing from you.

Just know you are thought about often and hoping you get some relief soon.

Love,

S

Hi Shell...not doing well at all. Just pushing forward in the taper and praying that things get easier once I'm off for some time. The hurricane was awful- 5 days w/o power. Sucked, as it's super hard for me to distract myself as it is. Ugh. Anyhow, I'm surviving. Not doing well at all though and having a horrible time trying to get off of the last 0.5mg. The only way out is THROUGH, I suppose and I believe that I'm having a much harder time b/c I was in C/T for 4 months prior to starting this taper. I also messed up my taper a number of times and didn't do things right from day one. So, I believe that's why things are so rough for me right now. I am pretty much non-functional, although I can still drive up to the store when I have to, which I couldn't do in C/T. Am in a lot of pain as well and still have a ton of physical, mental, emotional, psychological symptoms. Just praying everyday that things are going to let up some or get easier for all of us. Thanks for thinking of me and for asking Karen about me. I wish you the best in your taper. So good to hear from you.

To the poster: Sorry to hijack your thread. I wish you the best as well.

Love, Nicole

Hi Shell...not doing well at all. Just pushing forward in the taper and praying that things get easier once I'm off for some time. The hurricane was awful- 5 days w/o power. Sucked, as it's super hard for me to distract myself as it is. Ugh. Anyhow, I'm surviving. Not doing well at all though and having a horrible time trying to get off of the last 0.5mg. The only way out is THROUGH, I suppose and I believe that I'm having a much harder time b/c I was in C/T for 4 months prior to starting this taper. I also messed up my taper a number of times and didn't do things right from day one. So, I believe that's why things are so rough for me right now. I am pretty much non-functional, although I can still drive up to the store when I have to, which I couldn't do in C/T. Am in a lot of pain as well and still have a ton of physical, mental, emotional, psychological symptoms. Just praying everyday that things are going to let up some or get easier for all of us. Thanks for thinking of me and for asking Karen about me. I wish you the best in your taper. So good to hear from you.

To the poster: Sorry to hijack your thread. I wish you the best as well.

Good to connect with you Nicole, and if I ever learn my way around this site, I won't do this! LOL I have just worried so much about you.

I know you are going to get better. Just TIME, 1 day does seem like a 100 days when we are like this.

Love and hugs,

S

Love, Nicole

Leave,

I can really relate.  My date is July 4th, and at almost 11 weeks off I feel worse than I did a month ago.  My sxs really ramped up in the last 2 weeks especially.  I just wrote a post describing everything I'm experiencing in detail so you can read about it there.  It's under the thread "3.5 months free."

Like I say in that post, because of the increase in severity of sxs I'm having a lot of trouble staying hopeful that my condition, and my life, will improve.  That entire thread is a good one and restored some hope for me.  It's worth checking out if you haven't done so already.  

I don't know about you, but this worsening of sxs came as a complete surprise for me.  I did a 10-month taper off 20 mg. Valium, which is certainly long enough.  I can't imagine how I might be feeling if I'd gone faster.  Then there's this part of me that wonders why I bothered to go so slowly.  Maybe I'd be further along in my recovery if I'd moved through the taper more quickly.  Who knows, benzo w/d remains a mystery to me.

Mal

Hey Leave,

Sounds like typical wd to me, unfortunately.  Hang in there. It is a roller coaster but you can ride it. Put your hands in the air and scream wheeeeee if it gets scary. This too shall pass.

Hope you turn a corner soon.

I had some hard waves in month 2 but also good windows. Month 3 has been awesome. I feel almost 100 percent normal except for insomnia. The waves come during my period and have become predictable. I hope it gets better for you.

I would like to thank everyone for replying to my post! Really appreciate your encouragement and support through this extremely difficult time.

Wishing everyone all the best!!

From 'Leave'

I think I'm about in line with jittery. Maybe the 2nd month felt worse because I'm more cognizant of my mental and physical state. I feel good and then the waves feel that much worse in comparison. I don't know. September 24th will be three months from c/t .75 mg Xanax. Other than some increased anxiety which makes my post surgeries pain and worry exaggerated and sleep a little iffy, I think the fourth month is going to be pretty good. I've always been a nervous worry wart so I'm not expecting to be in Utopia when I'm healed. But I look forward to being my normal worrisome self again so I can work on natural methods of anxiety management.