Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Increased Appetite during withdrawal?

[ch...]

I am finding that during the first few days of lowering my dose that I am ravenously hungry. (Then a few days later too sick to eat at all). Does anyone have any experience with an uncontrollable need to eat during withdrawal  :P. Like I can't stop myself.... I am slightly overweight and I don't look forward to gaining any weight during this time!! Thoughts? Experiences? Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
Each time I have cut down on Klonopin my appetite has improved.  (Klonopin made me lose about 40-50 lbs.).  If I taper too fast, however, I eventually get sick and can't eat much and lose weight (although it normally takes several days for this to happen).  Perhaps you are tapering too quickly.  Just my opinion.

Hi

Well I am the opposite,when I am in a bad wave I hardly eat much unfortunately,I have lost close to 20lbs since this nightmare began.

But when I get a reprieve window, watch out all I do is eat it's crazy,I just go over the top with food consumption.

Rondomanic

[24...]

I have increased appetite. I think food comforts us.

Many people have decreased appetite.

I think it can go either way.

The thing is I haven't gained much weight from it either.

(High metabolism)