Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Is this benzo withdrawal?!

[an...]

I thought it'd be smooth sailing since I was only on 4 weeks' worth of the stuff over 2 month ago when I quit c/t.

Even in my worst days after a while sleep was a refuge, a break from the obsessive fears and day-long anxiety.

I thought I was getting a grip on my anxiety in recent days, but now my "sleep starts" are getting more frequent, and also thwart my attempts to return to sleep after I get up once or twice. I can drift off, even see the start of what seems to be dreams (if slightly lucid, suggesting not yet REM) and then WHOOSH my body takes a deep breath and I wake up startled as if I wasn't getting enough air :(

What gives?! I thought I was over this, or not over it I was getting breaks in one place at least! Are benzo withdrawals doing this with delayed onset like some sort of sick time bomb? I hate this so much!

Yes, it's benzo withdrawal. I had the same thing, hit a speed bump at about two months out.

What other medications or supplements are you taking? Alcohol? It's always good to scrutinize your routines to make sure there isn't an aggravating factor.

Yes, it's benzo withdrawal. I had the same thing, hit a speed bump at about two months out.

What other medications or supplements are you taking? Alcohol? It's always good to scrutinize your routines to make sure there isn't an aggravating factor.

I take nothing right now, except once in a while a melatonin tablet... one was mixed with a hint of valerian, and I hope that isnt aggravating things.