Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

a question about a strange sensation

[Ru...]

i am just wondering if anyone has ever experienced a feeling of a flash forward it is very strage it is almost as if you in your mind see or invision something happening before it does. Like today i was on the highway and i had this thought of a car comming over and hitting me ,it didnt happen but it was like a thought or flash of a situation that could happen in the future. Its like the scenario played out in my mind i could see it happening in my mind. Is this just a fearful thought. Is this strange or normal for wd. I know many get flashbacks but has anyone had this.

yep...it's just fear.  when i catch myself i just switch my thoughts to something more pleasant.  i've also had a lot of deja vu a while back.  not so much now though.

hey sig i am just wondering too if you or anybody else has felt so amnesic that literally you can watch something on tv and either you arent even paying enough attention to take it in or literally within seconds you could forget what just hapened. Has anyone experienced this it is horrible. I literally cant remember  what happened like 2 mins ago, yet i can recall long term memories much better.. Has anyone had this during wd and will it go away. Please help it is scarring me so muchthat my brain is totally fried.

hey sig i am just wondering too if you or anybody else has felt so amnesic that literally you can watch something on tv and either you arent even paying enough attention to take it in or literally within seconds you could forget what just hapened. Has anyone experienced this it is horrible. I literally cant remember  what happened like 2 mins ago, yet i can recall long term memories much better.. Has anyone had this during wd and will it go away. Please help it is scarring me so muchthat my brain is totally fried.

Absolutely, I cannot watch a movie that is new. I watch ones that I have seen numerous times because I remember the story line prior to WD. This is short term memory impairment. I am still waiting the day when that improves dramatically. This is when I will consider that I have turned the corner. I fear this the most other than extreme pain. I sometimes walk into a room and have no idea what I am doing there, I go back to my room...then I remember what I left for...I go back to that same room and forget again. I actually get a laugh at it sometimes and other times start to cry.

I await this as a cognitive turning point (a mile marker) towards complete recovery. 

hey robb thanks so much for your reply, it makes me fear the memory loss less i know you are also experiencing dp,dr and the cog fog and these all i feel can contribute to the memory loss. It is so hard to barely remember something only a min ago drives me nutts but i hope and pray it will get better for both of us.

Benzo withdrawal is a worse case scenario machine of epic proportions!  It will cause your mind to conceive of the worst things that normally you could not even imagine.  Short term memory does come back, mine is getting better each day.