Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Finally, a decent break

[Cr...]

After getting pounded by horrible mental/psychological symptoms nonstop for the past month I have finally entered a period where I feel I can finally.... relax.  The dp/dr, anxiety, racing negative thoughts, are still there to an extent, but they are now in the backseat again instead of at the wheel.

I patiently, but anxiously, awaited for relief and it seems that the old adage of "time" once again came through.  This wave was the 2nd worst next to the one I had in April (which I was totally unprepared for).  The dark thoughts were so bad on some days it felt as if I was close to a breakdown, but I managed to endure it.

I was in very bad shape this past weekend and I think that may have been because I was about to break through. I started feeling better Monday night and things just gradually kept getting better.  After being in such a horrible state for over 6 weeks my spirit was low, and I felt like I was keeping myself in the state I was in.  Low and behold, without changing anything (diet, exercise) I pulled through.

I anticipate there will be more difficulties ahead on my way to healing.  In fact, this may just end up being a 3 or 4 day window.  I will take that.  It has been 5 months since my last benzo, so I shouldn't expect this war to be over.  I did do a c/t off of klonopin and alcohol after all.

I just want to give a special thanks to all the buddies who have helped me get through this dark period.  Now I think I am going to watch a movie (and actually pay attention to it).

Crono

Lucky you !!!! Congratulations. I hope you have many many more good days and they stay that way. I'm still in hell with very high anxiety so I am not as fortunate. I'm thinking about reinstating because at my age I can't take this torchure much longer. I just locked out my 37 year alcoholic son on Sept. 17th and I haven't heard from him since so that might have something to do with my emotions. I wish my son were as good as you. Again CONGRATULATIONS and much success.    ((((((Hugs)))))

Crono!

I know how difficult things have been lately, and I am SO happy to hear you are getting some much deserved relief.  I hope this window lasts longer than days...and you have such a positive attitude about it all.  SO happy for you!!!

Many hugs,

Schatje

Im really glad to hear your doing better. Yes, I do agree that we need to enjoy what ever we get at what ever time.  Windows are great, and Im sure you will get many more.  Healing is just around the bend for you...

Bobby....