Important Survey - Please Participate ×

New member. Feeling very scared and defeated. My story... Please help.

[cr...]

Wow, I see you tapered from 50% less than the dose I took over an even longer period.  As you know I started tapering from 3mg a day in February.  I didn't ask for a refill.  I just thought I would try this and see, hope for the best.  I do have those Klonopin still though if things get really hairy.  I am hoping I can push through it though.

What symptoms did you experience along the way when you were tapering and then after the last dose? 

I have a lot of muscle twitches and tremors all over.  At the doctor today my leg had a mind of its own...  :P  It was just a shaking away...  And the ringing in my ears might drive me bonkers.  :idiot:  It is the worst at night when I am trying to sleep and it is quiet.  Problem is I can't sleep unless it is quiet (except for the gentle noise of the ceiling fan) so... I don't think playing a relaxation CD will help.  :(

I have started to get the headache I got last time tonight as well. (It's 12:50 am here)  I know better than to take Advil for it though, it does nothing.  And I feel like I have no personality... :(  But I have felt that way for a while now since I have been tapering.  It is just worse now.

I asked the doctor to take me off of my fluvoxamine for now because I think it may be contributing to my insomnia.  I also get a strong adrenaline/anxiety response when I try to get on an anti-depressant and I don't need that right now.

I don't want to keep taking the Wellbutrin he prescribed either because it is stimulating as well.  And he said he didn't know what the ringing in my ears or my shaking leg was from!  He said it could be fluvoxamine, or Wellbutrin, or the withdrawal.  Can you believe that??!!  I have only taken the fluvoxamine for a week and a half so I am hoping I won't withdrawal from that too.  He told me I could just stop it.  I have my reservations about that too since it has a short half life...the last thing I need is more withdrawal symptoms.

I will keep ya'll updated on how I am.  Thanks so much for everything. 

the tinnitus is directly related to your rapid wd. I had that too until I learned i was tapering too fast.

I had all the classic wd sx. Mostly insomnia, but also anxiety, tremours, etc.

I'm glad you are off the fluvoxamine. I think that will help. I think you will be ok just going off it at this point, but maybe do one step down of a half dose if you can.

I was on wellbutrin too, and it gave me bad shakes. Also, loss of appetite, and I'm sure it contributed to my insomnia. Make sure you only take it in the morning.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi CC,

You posted your symptoms on another thread but I wanted to ask you here, have you researched the meds you are currently on?  They may be contributing to some of your wd symptoms.  I'm not saying they are, just that they may be. 

I, personally, had a really bad experience with lexapro.  I know it's supposed to be tolerated by most everyone, or so the dr. said, but it made me very ill.  Would you please include lexapro in your sig. line and how many mgs you are on.  That kind of info helps us when we respond to you with support.  :)

Thanks, Ts

Well, just last month I tried four different anti-depressants.  I was in the hospital twice last month and the first time I was put on Luvox and Wellbutrin and the second time on Paxil. Now I am on Lexapro. 

For the Luvox I was put on 50mg at night my first day at the hospital.  The next day the dr. upped it to 50mg twice a day.  I took that for the next seven days until I saw the dr. again after being released.  He then upped it to 50mg in the morning and 100mg at night.  It took that for a few days I guess.  I was having terrible insomnia from it I surmised, so I asked to be taken off of it. I was also perscribed 100mg Wellbutrin SR in the morning at this time, but I was concerned about taking it so I stopped it as well.

I was only off of the Luvox and Wellbutrin for four days before I had to go back to the hospital.  I was taken to the county hospital and they put me on Paxil 20mg.  I took it for four days at 20mg and then when I got out I took it for three days at 10mg until I saw my doctor who then put me on Lexapro.  I got off the Paxil because it was making me very jittery and had brought my muscle jerks back full force.  I just took it so I could get out of the hospital.

I will have been on Lexapro for two weeks this coming Tuesday.  I started out at 5mg for  a couple of days and then went up to 10mg.

I have been playing around with anti-depressants like this for two and a half years now.  Everytime I try to get back on one (I was on Celexa 60mg for five years and then it pooped out) I can't.  I make it a few weeks and then I get concerned with how it is making me feel and I stop.  I have tried them all, multiple times, often trying several in a month.  I am concerned at what this has done to my brain in addition to what the benzo has done.  I am also concerned with what taking Celexa for five years did for that matter... as there are no long term studies on the effects of A/Ds.

All I can say is that I seem to feel more depressed since I started the Lexapro.  Maybe it is just in my head.  Also, I have this awfully strange tiredness in the first half of the day.  I feel like I am doped up on sleeping pills or something.  I have tried taking the Lexapro at night to see if I get the same tiredness, but I don't.  So, I don't know what is causing it.

I am hopelessly confused and lost.  I included another post on my update thread about what has been going on with me recently that sent me to the hospital twice last month.

I will add my Lexapro to my signature.  Thanks for the reply. :)