Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

new dog!

[ru...]

We've got a new dog!!! She's a chocolate lab named Hershey, about a year old, a shelter rescue dog (a stray) and she is so trusting. Whoever had her before had spent quite some time training her-- she knows "sit" and "no!" very well, and is house trained and leash trained. We're working on "down!" now, which is hard since she has the mind of a puppy in an almost adult lab body. And she's in that chewing stage.....  We were fostering her for the week while she heals from being spayed, but she got attached to us in one day and we to her, so....

She's sleeping on my foot right now.

rufus

Aw! I want a rescue dog that is so well trained.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: They don't have Yorkies or Silkys.

So happy for you Roof.

T

Thank you all for the well wishes! She is well trained for her age but she still has a ways to go. If we're on the sofa we're in danger of a lick fest! And she thinks she's still a small puppy that can sit in our laps.  But we really got blessed with this dog.

I can't take credit for the name, Eljay; the shelter named her. I probably would have named her Einstein since she thinks she can defy the laws of physics and sit in the exact same spot that we're in. But Hershey works and she responds to it already.

Aww, Marnie, I bet that's what she looked like as a small pup. Now her eyes are that yellow green that chocolate labs have.

Tony, your dog is out there somewhere. I know it. Keep looking and don't give up.

rufusj

Theresa2, as soon as I figure out how to post photos, I'll do it.

Tony, your dog is out there somewhere. I know it. Keep looking and don't give up.

Oh, I stopped looking. Kira's happy with just us humans.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: