Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Might be to big of a cut???

[pr...]

Hi Pretzel,

Is this your first cut? How long have you been at the current .50 dose? It is usually recommended to cut about 10% over a 7-14 day period. When you get down to smaller doses, it becomes more difficult to make smaller cuts unless you do titration.  I am currently using 1/4 of a .50mg tablet, crushing it on a flat surface and dividing the powder into two piles and taking one, thereby reducing by .0625 per cut. You can try to see how you feel after your current cut but I would wait at least 10 days (preferably 14 days) before cutting again. 

T2

Personally I'd find that hard to take, but other people have successfully tapered off Klonopin by 1/8 mg per cut all the way to the end, so it all depends how you tolerate it.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Tony

[ad...]

That's the cut I've been doing since I started, but I started at a higher dose. I'm doing ok, but I have had to extend the taper by several days to make sure I'm stable. These cuts at the end are the hardest and I don't know if it would be wise to start with such a large cut.

-Pete  :socool:

I started my taper at .75 twice a day.And what i do is keep my night dose at the same level and lower my morning dose so it is less of a cut.This time around I did not want to do it but i decided today that I would because I am in Mexico for 3 weeks and not home close to my doctors.So I will do .32.5 and .50 in a day.My last tapers I did them the same and I felt like a wreck but nothing major happened.

Thanks for the replies...