Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

done with my taper

[ju...]

Hi guys

i am so happy to say i am done tapering and off the ativan.  It was a rough month but i survived and so did everyone one else around me. :)

my out patient councilor says it can still be another month of W/D's. Is that true????

thanks for all your guys help

huggs

carol

Please don't be shocked if you do experience protracted withdrawals. I don't remember how long you took to get off how much, but if it was one month total, and you had been on them a long time, and were taking a large amount, I'd say you may be in for a rough go of it. On the other hand, if you were on it a very short time at a very low dose, you would probably be just fine. I hope you do great.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Tony

Hi guys

i am so happy to say i am done tapering and off the ativan.  It was a rough month but i survived and so did everyone one else around me. :)

my out patient councilor says it can still be another month of W/D's. Is that true????

Congratulations on getting off the ativan!! :yippee:

I think your councilor is probably right, wd's can follow us around for a while but you're off the drugs so you're healing without putting more poison in your body.  :yippee:

Congrats!  I hope to where you are in four months...  :thumbsup:

Hopefully any other w/d symptoms will be short-lived.

Question: were you able to work through your taper?

thanks everyone

i am really hoping the worse is over.  i am noticing i am a bit more depressed , I still shake but not as bad and my heart still races but not as bad and i havnt cried in over a week, that is new to me.

i dont work, so i cant help you there. but my hubby and IOP councilor really wanted me to go to inpatient to help with the W/d. and i would of but my ins. would not cover it. or should i say so i could do this without all the stress from life.  my poiur hubby got the worse of it him and my sponser.

good luck to you i hope it is easy.

huggs

carol

That was a fast taper but hopefully the w/d doesnt bother you too long!

Congrats!!!  :yippee: :yippee:

Amanda  :smitten: