Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Anger and Benzo Withdrawal

Hi,

I've tapered from 2 mg's of Klonopin to 1.5 mg's in the last couple weeks.  Before that, I was on Serax for about week and a half for alcohol withdrawal.

During the last week I've started having periods of anger that crop up sparked by the most insignificant things.  I'll get pissed off and just want to be by myself.

Anybody else have this happen during benzo withdrawal, and if so, how do you deal with it? 

Thanks,

Kip

Hi Kip,

Sorry that you are having these kind of withdrawals. I have not experienced anything like that. Hopefully, someone else will be by that has had this and can help you with ideas about managing it. I've read meditating can help with anger. Hopefully these symptoms will ease up or dissipate when you get lower on your dose. Take care!

T2 :smitten:

Yeah, I can relate. It usually doesn't last long for me, and I have been aware enough not to take it out on anyone else. It's getting better now.