Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Recommended Stabalizing dosage of K-Pin before starting my withdrawal process

[St...]

Hi All,

I still taking 1.5 mg of clonazepam each day. My question is regarding my dose schedule throughout the day. Currently I take .5mg at 7am another .5mg at 1pm and another .5mg at 6pm. By doing this I am going 13 hours (6pm to 7am) until my next dose. It seems to me that this may be very hard on my body since I am taking my 3 doses approx. 5 to 6 hours apart and then go 13 hrs until my next dose. Should I be shooting for evening spacing throughout the day of 8 hrs to have a steady state of k-pin in my system? Is this undue stress on my body by going 13 hrs before my morning dose? The interesting thing is I can sleep fine until 7am but wake up with a fair amount of interdose withdrawal. Right now my body tells what time of the day it is before I need my next dose because I start getting interdose withdrawal symptoms. I don't even need to wear a watch to know when it is coming up on 1pm and 6pm LOL! What do you guys recommend? I am try to set myself up the best I can before I start my withdrawal process again. Thanks for any advice!

Hi SM, yes, it would be very reasonable to spread your doses out. But in actuality, klon, being medium to long acting, has a half life(meaning your blood levels are at half the original dose you took.) of a minimum of 18 hours. So at some point you can reasonably go to 2x a day.

A lot, (not all) of your percieved interdose wd is probably a placebo effect. You are subconciously aware that it's time for your next dose, and you start feeling the urge for it!

But at this point, yes go ahead and dose every 8 hours. Your body will adjust to the longer daytime wait.

IN case you missed it. I changed the klon half life from 12 hours to the correct 18 hours. The half life is acually 18 to 50 hours!! So most likely you are not feeling true interdose wd after 5 hours. Not with klonopin.